PDA

View Full Version : Viewing PPRUNE PAges

Rocket2
5th Dec 2013, 09:43
Not sure if I've inavertantly hit an odd button but PPRUNE shows up on a plain white background, blue letters to the links etc - its horrid, can someone tell me WTF I've done & how to undo it?
Many thanks

dubbleyew eight
5th Dec 2013, 10:02
I think prooone stores its settings in a cookie which it deletes on exit.

you could try, if you wish, logging out then deleting all the cookies on your machine and logging back in.

that might cure it.

Rocket2
5th Dec 2013, 10:25
Nope - that didn't work - even writing this text is in a weird box (grey in colour & faintly resembling an on line calulator)- I assume I've changed a view setting somehow.

stevef
5th Dec 2013, 16:49
Are you using Firefox and Avast? I had the same problem with Pprune (only) for a few weeks, which was caused by an Avast Web Reputation Plug-in. If I disabled it or used Internet Explorer, viewing returned to normal. I think the security plug-in was wrongly flagging up some text graphics.
Recent programme updates to Firefox and Avast seem to have cured the issue.

Rwy in Sight
5th Dec 2013, 18:15
I had the same issues few weeks back. I was told to check about pictures downloading but this idea did not work on the FF issue I am using. It cured itself after a week or so.

Rwy in Sight

LookingForAJob
5th Dec 2013, 18:16
I get that but only when the internet performance is very poor (sadly too often where I am at the moment).

It goes away of its own accord but refreshing the wind sometimes gets it back to normal.

Rocket2
5th Dec 2013, 20:51
Thanks everyone - only happens on my works computer & only started yesterday, could it be the recently installed firewall that we have had to put in causing the problem? The connection shouldn't be an issue as I have a one to one contention ratio (I think that's the term).
Weird & highly frustrating :*