PDA

View Full Version : TVSB - Bequia

cambioso
4th Dec 2013, 14:33
Please can anyone give experience of flying into Bequia in the Grenadines?
I'm more interested in the runway surface, handlers (if any) and rules and regs.
We would prob be flying in from St Maartens.
Sorry to trouble, but I can't find anything in the usual publications.
Thanks (as always),
Jez

Loerie
4th Dec 2013, 14:39
I used to run a Charter Yacht out of Bequia and lived there for several years and often went to the airstrip.
Contact SVG Air in St Vincent....I am sure the nice folks there will help you out.

cambioso
4th Dec 2013, 16:19
Thanks very much Loerie, I have spoken to them (aren't they nice :-) ) and spoken to the Controller at the airfield. All looking good.
Thanks again,
Jez

tommoutrie
4th Dec 2013, 19:00
jez you don't half get about... I'm sitting here freezing my tits off and you're swanning about living the life of reilly..

cambioso
5th Dec 2013, 07:48
This job isn't exactly "swanning about" Tom - as anyone who knows us will testify!!
But we do, (occasionally) get to go to some interesting places usually at quite short notice, hence me continually pestering you Guys for info on places I've never heard of.
The feedback and advice available on prune is always appreciated.
If it makes you feel any better, at the moment I'm freezing my cobbs off in Banbury (Caribb in 9 days hurrah!!).

Steak&Kidney_Pie
8th Dec 2013, 08:18
Life of Reilly dear boy! Freezing your cobs off...yeah right....in the Jungmeister maybe :ok: I've seen your log burner remember.

So my perf. figures are looking a little more favourable?:}

cambioso
8th Dec 2013, 09:33
"Always knew I could trust you and your figures Jimbo".............Uttered from the depths of a smoking crater!!

tommoutrie
8th Dec 2013, 16:16
Ooh yes, it's freezing there. It minus 20 here and two days ago it was minus 25 and 35G50 at the same time.

Banbury, the well known vortex of violent weather..