PDA

View Full Version : Russia approves foreign pilots hire.

Kulverstukas
9th Jul 2013, 06:34
From winter 2013 will be open quotes - max 200 pilots for max 5 years.

In Russian (http://www.kommersant.ru/doc/2229589)

Translated by Google (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=ru&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kommersant.ru%2Fdoc%2F2229589)

Flappo
9th Jul 2013, 06:39
And they continue asking for russian citizenship...

manflex69
9th Jul 2013, 09:38
Yup, they will change your nationality

dan1165
9th Jul 2013, 11:57
Yes they do continue asking for russian citizenship :ugh:

Daily Dalaman Dave
9th Jul 2013, 15:27
Tempting........

Service-x
9th Jul 2013, 19:35
I assume that they mean with "foreigners" mainly former Sovjet Republics?

OlgerdNor
4th Aug 2013, 20:09
I suppose no citizenship will be required BUT it is for Captains only.
If you are ready to live in country with half a year dirty and freeze, with unreliable ATC, aerodromes and weather reporting, if you are ready for single pilot operation with ex-military with about zero flight time or student pilot as F/O A320 or 330 and ready for your contract considered by management as just very conditional.... So in that case you are very welcome...
Just insider note...

NEWYEAR
5th Aug 2013, 11:56
and...do not forget that they do not speak English so that you should know how to speak Russian.:eek:

Heathrow Harry
5th Aug 2013, 13:22
And, unfortunately, Russian management are some of the biggest bullies you will ever meet :uhoh::uhoh:

Toruk Macto
5th Aug 2013, 14:11
I can't drink vodka ! Will I still be considered ?

Pin Head
5th Aug 2013, 20:11
Who will take a high houred 737ng FO?

captplaystation
5th Aug 2013, 23:57
Wow, I can hardly wait . . . think how easy/quick my working day will now be. No pesky delays briefing/planning . . . no more Winter delays due de-icing & Yeah ! a safety Dept that will back me up & issue press releases confirming I was 100% correct in my assertion "it will blow off".

No more diversions due to bad weather. . . . . "Minimums" what ? Cat3 ? hell no, we are at least Cat5 (or will be once suitably "refreshed" )

Where do I apply Comrade, free voddie/tottie & no repercussions for reducing my briefing to "Standard Non Standard".

Am I being slightly cynical/stereotyping here ? well yes. . . but only "slightly".

Heathrow Harry
6th Aug 2013, 09:53
not all - or even most - Russian pilots are a demented bunch of alcoholics

they fly a horrible mixture of aircraft, some of great antiquity, into a lot of remote places which are short on just about everything we take for granted in the west. Even major airports show the result of chronic underinvestment for 20+ years. Overall they do a good job.

Management is generally poor or worse

If you do go there face up to the fact that its going to be a lot tougher than anything we normally see in Europe, Australia or N America

WX Man
6th Aug 2013, 10:06
@Capt PS, +1 to you sir!

You and I must work for the same company :)

WMB
6th Aug 2013, 10:34
Any Western pilot that is happy about the prospect of working in Russia, needs to visit their nearest psychologist immediately, because your clearly living in fantasy land!! If that doesn't work a few trips to DME & SVO will soon bring you back to reality.....

The Puzzler
16th Aug 2013, 17:04
Captainplaystation, your post is far closer to the truth than you may think, spot on :ok: :D

Proline21
16th Aug 2013, 17:20
The level of ignorance expressed by some here puzzles me.

Russia may not be top of the world aviationwise compared to EASA-land but they seem to have decent operartions if you count in companies like Aeroflot, Transaero, S7 Airlines, Ifly, Nordwind, Ural, Orenair, etc which operate modern western fleets who will be the main companies I can think of which need western pilots. I know a good safety culture and proper maintenance is much more important than factory fresh Boeings or Airbusses (see Indonesia) but why not give them a chance...

The Puzzler
20th Aug 2013, 08:18
Sorry Pro but you're completely incorrect. And I'm speaking from first hand experience as both a passenger on Aeroflot/Transaero and operating with all Russian crews. :(

Pin Head
1st Sep 2013, 20:42
So do they need foreigner pilot and if so why?

mitrosft
4th Dec 2013, 12:30
Russian government (legal commission) approved amendments in Air Code, legalizing foreign pilots employment for local airlines.

Правкомиссия одобрила допуск иностранных пилотов в авиакомпании России :: Экономика :: Top.rbc.ru (http://top.rbc.ru/economics/04/12/2013/892806.shtml)
( in Russian)

My question to US, German, British or anyone of you - will you come to fly in Russia ?

Basil
4th Dec 2013, 12:33
Well, I once turned down a direct entry B744 command in Namibia so my answer would be: only if I was absolutely desperate for a flying job.

mitrosft
4th Dec 2013, 13:37
To Basil.

I would turn down any job in Namibia to. But in Air Astana in Kasakhstan i see quite a few of British and Dutch Captains.

And Kasakhstan does not have a Bolshoi theater ... ;)

Awl flyer
4th Dec 2013, 14:52
Mitrosft, hello, just wandering, would you be happy to share cockpit with the foreigner, when qualified locals are offered co-pilot entry position changing from one company to another and having adequate experience to fly for Russian airlines?
Cheers

Captaintcas
4th Dec 2013, 15:08
Only as DEC with market rate expat salaries and accomodation included and commutable 20 ON 10 OFF.
Then we can talk...

Scott_T
4th Dec 2013, 15:13
Any chance of a translation I can't seem to get google translate to work.....

Pin Head
4th Dec 2013, 15:23
I would love to fly in Russia.

Scott_T
4th Dec 2013, 16:06
The bill only got backing today, it could be months and months if not years before it is actually passed....

Deep and fast
4th Dec 2013, 20:04
Wouldn't mind transaero on the jumbo or 777, but I'd have to accept a right seat with my experience. Still if I keep my russian girlie for good then it's not a bad option for me.

Interesting cockpit dynamics and yes I'm am experienced in the region.

mitrosft
5th Dec 2013, 04:09
Mitrosft, hello, just wandering, would you be happy to share cockpit with the foreigner, when qualified locals are offered co-pilot entry position changing from one company to another and having adequate experience to fly for Russian airlines?
Cheers

Hi Awl !
Industry says it needs 1500 flying jobs per year. Local schools graduate 160-200. Some ex-army boys were available as the Air force was shrinking, but now all reserves are gone and traffic still goes up.
I have few foreign friends (Dutch, German, Brits) working in Moscow last 15 years, they know more Russian f-words than I do ;). Mentality is very close so we blend easy into each other's culture.

The Dominican
5th Dec 2013, 06:52
Industry says it needs 1500 flying jobs per year. Local schools graduate 160-200. Some ex-army boys were available as the Air force was shrinking, but now all reserves are gone and traffic still goes up.
I have few foreign friends (Dutch, German, Brits) working in Moscow last 15 years, they know more Russian f-words than I do . Mentality is very close so we blend easy into each other's culture.
It is quite nice to hear you say that......., it is difficult enough to become an expat and a friendly working environment helps a LOT to adjust to a new job.
I'm curious about the T&C'S that will eventually be offered, it will be interesting to see how the expat positions will be implemented:ok:

Awl flyer
5th Dec 2013, 08:43
That's good. Aeroflot's CEO Mr. Savel'ev said in the interview that they have plenty of low qualified FOs with whom they are even don't know what to do for the now but desperately short of good standing captains to push the business ahead there. At the same time some of the not type rated captains form ABC and Transaero were offered and employed as FOs with Aeroflot on 777. Does it mean that the not type rated expat Cap has the only way to join as a FO? The FO's salary at Aeroflot makes me sick, so far. And, can anybody to clue up on T&Cs they are about to offer. Working in Russia is attractive, indeed, but wage should be some were around 20k like in China, considering taxes back home and life stile when working there, I guess :ok:

Mitrosft pm pls are you a pilot or manager?

skyrambler
5th Dec 2013, 09:34
forget about Chinese salaries...

Pin Head
5th Dec 2013, 11:07
Sod the money I wold like to go there for the experience

Awl flyer
5th Dec 2013, 11:38
Skyrambler, any thoughts on the salaries?

mitrosft
5th Dec 2013, 12:10
To Awl

I'm a private pilot. And personally anytime I fly from Moscow I stick to "Luftwaffe". . Sc*ew Aeroflot/Airfrance ( exuse moi ). Even though my friends do fly for Afl.

As for conditions - up to 10K Pounds that what they get as Captains on A330

And you can pay local income tax of 13% only, if you are in here 180 days+ as my Dutch friends do.

Don't know how that would be calculated if you are flying abroad twice a week, but presumably tac declaration submitted in Moscow will spare you from one in London/Paris/Ottawa.

JammedStab
5th Dec 2013, 12:57
I really would like to fly one of those old Russian beaters like an IL-76. Aside from a reasonable schedule, I insist on no smoking, no alcohol within 12 hours of flying, good maintenance, proper English spoken, follow the regulations and clean living accommodations.

Is this reasonable?

The Puzzler
5th Dec 2013, 19:41
@Jammed Stab - sure, that's all reasonable, but not in Russia! Not a hope in hell I'm afraid.

And for anyone else considering working in Russia, consider very carefully. They are 30 years behind the rest of the world in civil aviation - I speak from first hand experience. I would honestly advise you to look elsewhere.

mitrosft
6th Dec 2013, 11:35
Russian newsdaily Vedomosti was quoting Aeroflot represantative ready to hire 130 foreign captains per year, and Transaero another 60-70.

to The Puzzler

Yes you are right Russia last 300 years was lagging behind Western world on average 50 years. Thats why Peter the Great was hiring German and Dutch engineers. And thats why I personally would fly again with Aeroflot with German Captain at stick. Because German would turn down any deviation from procedures.

Pin Head
6th Dec 2013, 12:34
Any RHS positions?

skyrambler
6th Dec 2013, 14:22
Salaries should be less then in Russian majors since all that recent changes introduced just having Former Soviet Union pilots in mind, so do not take your breath. No RHS opportunities as far as I can see.

captjns
6th Dec 2013, 14:30
For DEC position? Make me an offer I can't refuse.

Minimum package should include

Monthly pay... mid 5 digits, excluding decimal points
6 to 8 weeks on with 3 week off
Uniforms
5 Star Hotel accomodations with food allowance and internet and laundry
Crew Transport
Guaranteed Business Class ticket to my home airport

5 APUs captain
6th Dec 2013, 17:35
Only exact info at the moment:
Up to 200 experienced DEC each year.
Average salary is 10000 USD per month net.

Pin Head
6th Dec 2013, 17:36
Will it open up for RHS positions ever?

Aviaservice
6th Dec 2013, 18:17
Minimum package should include

In this case, you may relax... :)

Vitek
8th Dec 2013, 20:56
This is only open to Captain positions. And only until, 2020.
Otherwise you need Russian Citizenship to fly commercially in Russia.

In terms of conditions in Russia? Well I turned down opportunities in Canada for a right seat in Russia. No regrets. However I was blessed with obtaining Russian citizenship :O

Aviaservice
9th Dec 2013, 14:03
No regretsIt's because you are from one of former Soviet Republic, isn't it!? :)

Vitek
9th Dec 2013, 19:31
Yup. And because I couldn't come close to having these opportunities anywhere else I have lived in the world. Personal and professional :)

bubo46
10th Dec 2013, 18:46
mate,its open for all crew members, not only for capts..

de facto
10th Dec 2013, 19:05
Pin Head

Will it open up for RHS positions ever?

Not worried about frost bite?:E

Pin Head
10th Dec 2013, 20:24
So Russia needs pilots for both seats?

Aviaservice
11th Dec 2013, 10:59
Rated captains only!!

Aviaservice
11th Dec 2013, 11:14
Well, there is no problem with FOs in Russia. The CEO one of the major company says, that they have a shortage of type rated captains, nevertheless, I know my company has a problem with FOs at the moment, but i think it's temporarily.

bubo46
11th Dec 2013, 13:25
..it says changed Air codex or the CEO one of the major company?

Aviaservice
11th Dec 2013, 16:16
That CEO has recommended to our government to change the air law. It's Russia, the country of incredible things. :)

bubo46
11th Dec 2013, 17:59
its clear, on your place I would write the same, because
local pilots fear foreign competitors :)

Aviaservice
11th Dec 2013, 18:09
No bubo46, i meant, in Russia, the main law may be changed for one person! Real democracy!!!

captplaystation
11th Dec 2013, 20:29
Ha Ha :D love your humour/irony. . . you have it 100% correct there.

ClimbSequence
18th Dec 2013, 21:25
Will these companies require to speak Russian in order to work for them?
Cause in that case most CIS countries pilots will have advantage

Boule de beige
18th Dec 2013, 21:52
I think this amendment is primarily aimed to the Russian speaking pilots from the former Soviet Union republics..

Aviaservice
23rd Dec 2013, 13:50
ClimbSequenceWill these companies require to speak Russian in order to work for them?
Cause in that case most CIS countries pilots will have advantageHi! I think it will be better to know Russian, because as a captain you have to solve many tsaks and problems with services, customs etc at the Russian's aerodromes. For example, the custom's procedures are absolutely different at the various aerodromes. It always makes me sad. There are three airports in Moscow and there are three different procedures! Also, it's hard to find good English speaking ATC beyond the European part of Russia (Norilsk, Novy Urengoy etc), and you may get some problems with situational awareness. Of course, some of the FO's are not fluent speakers, therefore be ready to fly in silence :).

The Dominican
23rd Dec 2013, 15:33
Hi! I think it will be better to know Russian, because as a captain you have to solve many tsaks and problems with services, customs etc at the Russian's aerodromes. For example, the custom's procedures are absolutely different at the various aerodromes. It always makes me sad. There are three airports in Moscow and there are three different procedures! Also, it's hard to find good English speaking ATC beyond the European part of Russia (Norilsk, Novy Urengoy etc), and you may get some problems with situational awareness. Of course, some of the FO's are not fluent speakers, therefore be ready to fly in silence .
You just described every single expat job available worldwide.....!

RWL2011
11th Feb 2014, 21:17
Just checked the thread, many good posts

In fact I just finishing my flight school in Germany will hold IR CPL with ATPL credit. Well with 200 hrs in fact nothing special but I am russian, german and english speaking. Was born and grow up in Kazakhstan and live for many years in Germany.

You think guys I have any any chances to get any job in Russia?

hoover1
12th Feb 2014, 23:51
Is there any agencies recruiting for Russia yet?

ulugbek-pilot
13th Feb 2014, 02:57
There is nothing attractive in Russia unless you have a citizenship, you're going to have different tax policy as far as I know

mitrosft
16th Apr 2014, 13:27
Upper chamber of Russian parlament has approved foreign pilots hire for Russian based airlines.

Not sure if all of you would line up in current sitcom( it is not tragic yet and hoipe would not be)

mitrosft
17th Apr 2014, 09:21
I wish I could find any job in russia
Just checked the thread, many good posts

In fact I just finishing my flight school in Germany will hold IR CPL with ATPL credit. Well with 200 hrs in fact nothing special but I am russian, german and english speaking. Was born and grow up in Kazakhstan and live for many years in Germany.

You think guys I have any any chances to get any job in Russia?

Try now. ( if you still want it)

Emel.OW
17th Apr 2014, 10:39
As I see only PIC positions are available, so hardly they'll get the best people working for us. By the way, does any Russian airline (even aeroflot) have their OM translated into English? :)

Deep and fast
17th Apr 2014, 13:47
I would take a punt, but FO non rated on the 777.
Anyone from Transaero can pm me the internal situation?
Non russian speaker(although learning slowly).

mitrosft
18th Apr 2014, 06:07
So far Aeroflot only hiring Captains...

mitrosft
18th Apr 2014, 06:43
Same for Transaero. They are starting to hire Captains this summer.

Pin Head
18th Apr 2014, 10:28
Anything for copilots?

Metlik
18th Apr 2014, 12:25
Guys, don't worry, stay calm. They need EXPERIENCED Captains. They have a lot of Russian "fresh" co-pilots. Lot of them.
For now everybody need experienced captains, so Russia - is only option. But if you don't speak Russian - you will be "non-operational" there. Even in Moscow. All companies documentation is in Russian, except FCOM's and QRH's. No chance.
And finally: did you heard something about Russian Medical? :sad: Try to google - will be really funny for us, holders of EASA Medical.

FBW390
18th Apr 2014, 15:24
10000 USD a month? TOO LOW for rated, experienced Captain! Moscow is in Europe? So the pay should be 10000 EUROS!

epsum
20th Apr 2014, 10:38
At least it's started. For transaero:

???????????? ????????? (http://transaero.ru/ru/company/personal/vacancy/all/kvs-inostr)

Quick translation:
Commanders for 737, 747,767, 777
typerating, 3000tt, 500 pic on type, english level 4, and all usual stuff (clean criminal record, good background, etc..)

Salary in region of 200'000 roubles (~4000 eur?), free medical, vacation up to 70 days, etc,etc..

skyrambler
21st Apr 2014, 11:58
4000 E is not a salary - just one off payment ( relocation allowances or so ), plus they promise to pay your bond for current employer if any, plus many other things - LOL Medical, Uniform, etc, like any proper airline. 70 days of annual leave. There is no figures for the salary, but I believe it should be around 6000Ј.
All in all - very decent offer. Moscow is not a China or Middle East.

niss
22nd Apr 2014, 05:31
But they do not answer the applications
Maybee because it was in english

skyrambler
22nd Apr 2014, 13:05
if you want fast response - just call

Iver
22nd Apr 2014, 13:39
Any Russian bases offered in Donetsk yet?

Emel.OW
22nd Apr 2014, 15:10
if you want fast response - just call

Yes, make a call and get your a$$ ready for an annual VLEK (Russian medical check) as they want to see something deep inside your body every year if you're over 40 years old.
Don't know exactly what they want to find there, but tens of my colleagues are dying from cancer/hearth attacks/ulcer as they have to hide their problems as well as I do.
It's easy to allow foreign pilots to work here, but it's not so easy to get rid of soviet heritage.

Moscow is not a China or Middle East.

You're right, but I'm not sure what is better...

Turkish777
21st May 2014, 07:26
Contrary to some posts on here it appears they are recruiting non Russian FO's

Pilot Job - Aeroflot-Russian Airlines - PILOT CAREER CENTRE (http://www.pilotcareercentre.com/Pilot-Job-Posting-Pilot-Opening-Pilot-Job/7245/Asia/First+Officers/Boeing+B737/Aeroflot-Russian+Airlines)

JSC Aeroflot is recruiting pilots | Aeroflot (http://www.aeroflot.ru/cms/en/about/set_of_pilots)

Pin Head
22nd May 2014, 00:58
Co pilots as well?

captplaystation
23rd May 2014, 16:09
Pretty decent T's & C's for PIC, seems they are serious this time around. . . . no mention of Russian language requirement, for sure it will be desirable, but doesn't seem to be an entry requirement.

Pin Head
24th May 2014, 10:57
First officers?

A340rider
24th May 2014, 12:22
Contrary to some posts on here it appears they are recruiting non Russian FO's

FO is abbreviation for FIRST OFFICER - Its the same as a Co-Pilot :ugh:

Pin Head
24th May 2014, 18:58
So that yes then. They are looking for RHS guys?

Widebdy
24th May 2014, 19:26
Anyone else expecting better money :confused:

skyrambler
25th May 2014, 10:44
No need for FO, Captains only

mototopo
25th May 2014, 14:32
A340driver,
Thanks for pointing out, I think we all Ppruners here are aware about that..

I read a lot of requirements of pilots, especially in China, asking for a generic "pilots" but referring to PIC only... I think that's a case..

niss
25th May 2014, 15:06
The law for foreign pilots Are in force after 90days of signing.

A340rider
25th May 2014, 15:43
Not all ppruners, Pin Head obviously wasn't, read his posts before posting.

I am glad you lot are my competition for interviews!

mototopo
25th May 2014, 21:01
Yes I read it and I also read the link of the Aeroflot Website, no mention of FOs but only "pilot".. Hence, PIC..

Anyway, not meaning to offend anybody.

kosh
27th May 2014, 02:44
Some inside info.

Only Captains.
10k Euro is a maximum salary, you can get it, if you make 90 block hours in 20 days and use 10 days of annual leave. Your annual leave pay is based on average salary during last 6 month.
The average leg time on A320 is 2.15-2.20. Local guys doing 6 on 1 off for 90 hours and 5-2 for 80 hours.
A lot of night flying (50-70%).
The max duty is 12 hours for day, and 11 for night.
If you start the duty at 8.59PM and go back by 7 AM next day, it will count as a day duty.

All docs are in English, no problem at all.
Interview and check ride with a deputy A320 fleet.

niss
27th May 2014, 06:38
Thanks Kosh
do u have any idea of the B737?
It seems that the LCC pays better for that amount of flying!

kosh
27th May 2014, 22:56
737 legs are a longer, DXB and BCN as well as Russian eastern Siberia arpts are now on 737 instead of 320. But again you have to fly max to get well paid.

The Dominican
28th May 2014, 00:25
Any "Wide Body" flying for expats in the horizon?

9.G
28th May 2014, 07:34
@ Dom, been told that WB fleets are all set. SU seems to be short on 320 and 737 fleets. Some of the agencies trying to recruit expats, for the gig without having a clear cut deal on the table. Funny nuff, they're saying that the T&C will be discussed at the interview individually. Huh??? So far no agency has been able to shed any light on, what's the deal exactly. Is it a contract or employment? Limited or permanent? Commuting or not? How many days off in a row. Taxes? Accomodation? Transportation? Moscow is a very expensive city and very jammed with traffic. I understand SU has concessions regarding traveling benefits on its own network yet without commutable roster it's of limited use. It's just the beginning, so they'll have to learn to deal with the expats. :ok:

Pin Head
28th May 2014, 12:07
But are they taking co pilots?

TheColonel
28th May 2014, 16:18
No, capt only.

7Q Off
28th May 2014, 17:00
Any Housing allowance or apartment provided?

kosh
29th May 2014, 01:02
They have an apartment building for the staff. It's far from the city. Shuttles to the airport and back are every 30 minutes during a day and 1 hour during the night.
Is's very cheap (like 200-300 euro/month) but airline will deduct this amount from the salary.

Elle_med
19th Jun 2014, 14:06
Hello guys

anyone got interview invitation @Aeroflot so far?

Can anyone share Sim profile? Also what type of interview to prepare for?

Also, will it be mandatory to pass full Russian state medical or is JAR Class 1 Medical accepted?

B737rider
19th Jun 2014, 17:08
Dear Proline21.

I totally agree with you here.
What a bunch of nonsense to read here...
I have flown with so called "proper" British, German and Irish pilots (Captains and FOs) and I had the worse flights in my career because most of them where either so socially nervous and eccentric like women with extreme menstruation (British!) and /or alcohol damaged (British, Irish & Germans!) that Russians might look like innocent teenagers in comparison!
And THESE Captains/FOs were all flying in PROPER airlines that you should expect higher standard!

I have also flown in India, China and the entire Middle East on contracts with airlines with "respectable names" and can tell that I am surprised that they have even obtained an AOC! And "western" pilots are continuing to FLOW into these airlines, happy with a big smile and shut eyes because there are no jobs at home! So WHY then throw dirt to the Russians??

So dear :mad: :
Russia has grown and developed drastically since 1990 and have one of the most modern fleets in the world! Not old crap as Europe is flying around in because of European economical disaster!
In addition the Russian pilots receive western training from western type rating training centers when they buy western aircrafts!

I think all of you who are throwing dirt to our good neighbor in the east should go and increase your own standard before you do such!

B737rider
19th Jun 2014, 17:22
And in addition Russian cabin crews are VERY good looking, not like the fat, ugly and worn out wrecks in UK, and Europe:D dressed like my grand mother.
I flew with Qatar Airways some times and saw AWFUL brakes in security and flight standards conducted by the cabin crews that in addition barely could make an announcement in understandable English on ALL the flights I had as passenger with them!
And Qatar is suppose to be a "5 Star" airline????? :D:ugh:

speed_alive_rotate
19th Jun 2014, 17:36
HAHA, Europe's biggest airline has one of the newest fleets in the market 737!! As does the majority of the main European airlines. Your post is nothing but racist and nonsensical garbage!! Your present Russian fleet is a carbon copy of your Russian politics, stuck in the 1980s!!!

Elle_med
20th Jun 2014, 03:06
Agree with 737Rider

Russia gives the Social life, unlike any QR / EK or similar job when you are stuck in your apartment block and there's desert around you.
And especially unlike China - you CAN walk out of your hotel, see around, meet people and make new friends - so many people in Moscow speak English these days.
It is *much more* comfortable place than China, M.E. or say Korea.

sascha410
20th Jun 2014, 04:34
@speed alive....
In order to claim that someone post is "nonsensical garbage" you should at least show the bear minimum that you read and understood what you are commenting on.
So when you say " Europe's biggest airline has one of the newest fleets in the market 737" I suppose that you are reffering to Ryanair which is only one company out of hundreds that is flying in EU. B737rider was more general than that and he certainly did not deserve such comment for his post, at least not one unreasonable and superfluous as yours.

speed_alive_rotate
20th Jun 2014, 07:59
He was also very detailed in his racist remarks which I branded "garbage" not his aviation points as I feel everyone is entitled to their opinion, however if you want to defend such comments shame on you Sascha410!!!

Elle_med
20th Jun 2014, 08:05
Come on guys,

has anyone got invited to screening by AFL?

Anyone passed?

Any feedback?

Any ideas about medical?

B737rider
20th Jun 2014, 09:08
Little "Rotate boy".
You are referring to the low cost airlines as RYR and Easy who are the worse operators you can find. That proves that you are as inexperienced and narrowed viewed as you are announcing. Low time FO I guess?
Get some experience before you talk to big boys in any situation "Rotate and lost".

B737rider
20th Jun 2014, 09:29
Hi Elle.
Thanks for your and Sasha's support:)
I don't think the airline has assessed any pilots with reference to their add last month yet. It is too early, but what I heard is that they might start in the beginning of July.
I am excited about this and hope that we can be employed and be a good asset to our Russian neighbor.:)
I wish all of you good luck on the assessments! Remember that the medical check is tough like the Chinese one and extensive so take care of your health from now on if not done before!

niss
20th Jun 2014, 09:39
Recieved message that Aeroflot only looking for A320 drivers now.
The Legislation Putin signed will first be in force in 2 months.

de facto
20th Jun 2014, 11:50
And especially unlike China - you CAN walk out of your hotel, see around, meet people and make new friends - so many people in Moscow speak English these days.
It is *much more* comfortable place than China, M.E. or say Korea.

Before you adventure yourself out of your hotel have a look a this: Car Crash Compilation HD #43 | Russian Dash Cam Accidents NEW JANUARY 2014 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/BQ0jKAt-Phc)

Edited: tongue in cheek.

Elle_med
20th Jun 2014, 15:27
no worries re: car crash videos, I have seen much more stupid incidents in Philippines, with population about the same as in RU, however corruption being much worse, airline jobs being much worse and everything times more complicated than anywhere else in the world.

...Re: AFL job, I believe it is the only one on the market at moment?

Does anyone have idea if a full Russian VLEK medical will be required to complete, or these would be a fast lane e.g. direct validation of JAR ATPL/Medical?

Deep and fast
20th Jun 2014, 15:37
Unbelievably bad driving! I'm sure dash cams from Italy would more than equal though.
Russia is ok to be in and I would prefer it to the middle east for sure.
As for the willy waving about other airlines etc, just don't bite guys.
As for the russian ladies..... Well I've got no complaints there :O

Shame I don't have P1 on a 320 ((

Elle_med
20th Jun 2014, 17:37
re: russian ladies, it's probably the only place where pilot can have local girlfriend and overall life much better and much more exciting than at home.

IF NOT THAT DAMN "VLEK" Medical.. If they have us foreigners to pass the full Russian standard medical, it takes easily upto 2 weeks, lots of money for extra tests, and is at least twice more restrictive than regular JAR-FCL3 standard

For example - you have to have ALL of your teeth healthy in order to pass. Not a single tooth caries is permitted, believe it or not.

captplaystation
21st Jun 2014, 02:05
Is there a minimum alcohol/blood level for the VLEK medical ? or can you hope to pass it whilst sober. . . . . . .

THYTHY
21st Jun 2014, 06:36
Has anyone been hired already? How far have they progressed with their foreign pilot selection and training?

A340rider
21st Jun 2014, 09:24
So you cant have fillings in your teeth but its ok to fly pissed up haha what a laugh...

And I hope your women don't look like Russian Shot Putters B737rider haha