PDA

View Full Version : Disruptive Airline Passenger Conference

Capot
4th Dec 2013, 11:03
I got an invitation in today's email to the upcoming "Disruptive Airline Passenger Conference". It's in June next year, in London. I didn't read the detail; the headline was exciting enough.

I'll be abroad at that time, but I would have gone like a shot, to share techniques and news with all the other Disruptive Airline Passengers.

I feel that initiatives such as this must be supported. Disruptive Airline Passengers often get a bad press, when in fact we are often the driver behind improvements in passenger service.

Ryanair's charm offensive (if those are the appropriate words; if not you could reverse them for a more accurate description) would not be happening if the company were not afraid of Disruptive Airline Passengers.

This Conference gives us all a voice and overdue recognition of what we do for the good of the industry, and I urge everyone to support it.

mixture
4th Dec 2013, 11:50
to share techniques and news with all the other Disruptive Airline Passengers

Freudian slip Capot ?

That would be one great big soapbox of a conference if they got all the DAP's together in one room. :cool:

Capot
4th Dec 2013, 12:11
Freudian slip Capot ?Sorry, I don't quite understand the question. Surely, sharing our techniques and news is what such conferences are for?

uffington sb
4th Dec 2013, 12:28
I haven't got an invite, so I'll just largered up and force my way in.

The SSK
4th Dec 2013, 12:32
My colleague went to this year's event, I'll ask her what went on.

I think it's more about airline people learning how to deliver a rabbit punch, apply handcuffs with one hand, fire a taser, hurt people without leaving a bruise, etc.

in other words, great fun.

From memory, one of the airlines attending was from Equatorial Guinea - long way to come for a conference like that - they must have a problem down there.

27mm
4th Dec 2013, 13:26
In for that mate; I've got experience to offer the conference. Will have 6 pints and a vindaloo before pitching up and sitting in the second row. This is so I can kick the chair in front, sneeze and belch over whoever's on it and of course fart loudly and smellily. My Nokia ringtone will be on max vol, as will Led Zepp on my I-Pod and JLS on the I-Pad. Need to sit in the middle of the row as well, so when I need a wazzle or a dump, I get to wave my arse past the other delegates.....:E

Capot
4th Dec 2013, 13:34
I'm from Equatorial Guinea.

Disruptive?

Moi?

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff141/picshooter/guineapig_zps39a72a94.jpg

meadowrun
4th Dec 2013, 13:51
I just knew there had to be training for this. Such ignorant idiocy cannot possibly be of inherited human nature.

Romeo Oscar Golf
4th Dec 2013, 13:59
Off thread, but I suppose it could be called disruptive, but why is it, meadowrun, that I've now read three of your posts but your scorecount shows 1 post?:confused:

meadowrun
4th Dec 2013, 14:07
ROG - Posts only get counted in forums other than Jet blast.

The SSK
4th Dec 2013, 14:10
Meadowrun - Why not do a bit of armchair accident analysis over in R'n'N and get rid of your newbie placard? You;re no less an expert than the rest of them.

Capot
4th Dec 2013, 14:19
Or you could join the Expert Analytical Research Team (Helo) in Rotorheads to lend your weight to their Investigation, Analysis and Findings into the root causes of the Glasgow accident.

If you understand roughly how a twin-engine, single-rotor helicopter works, you know, main points only like what the gearbox does, what auto-rotation is, and so on, you'll be way ahead of many of the Team.

Sorry; I'm drifting my own thread. How disruptive can you get?

Back to the Conference.

ShyTorque
4th Dec 2013, 14:38
Is this a bit like a "speed awareness" course for those who got caught going above the limit??

meadowrun
4th Dec 2013, 14:54
One is patient and tries to be pertinent.

lomapaseo
4th Dec 2013, 16:56
One is patient and tries to be pertinent.

easily done

pick any prang du-jour and post no more than once per day in that thread, suggest fatigue and overworked pilots if they are from the US, Britain or France or suggest unqualified poorly trained pilots if they are from anywhere else.

If you get pushback from others, simply google any articles with those words in them.

All it takes is those daily posts in one thread to qualify you as a valued contributor by the site owners.

angels
4th Dec 2013, 19:02
SSK -

they must have a problem down there.

No, the guy who attended got a blanket e-mail invite. He then got his boss pissed and got him to sign off for the trip. Add some holiday entitlement and voila a free holiday in London.

I used to do this sort of thing to good effect in the 80s when I blagged many a trip to 'vital' conferences in the States. My best one was a two day conference in Dallas for which I was absent from the London dealing room for nearly a month.

Those were the days! :ok:

Worrals in the wilds
4th Dec 2013, 20:21
Conference dress code...:}
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgRtTMZV3KJrU4yJ9gghaSq1wWAR-s6OkXmpPjJYEVOkadhhruaw
All it takes is those daily posts in one thread to qualify you as a valued contributor by the site owners. Or drop into DG&P for either some Qantas bashing or Qantas Basher bashing. It's another easy way to build your post count, though you can also lose great wads when the PPRuNe lawyers delete whole hamsterwheels at a time. :}