PDA

View Full Version : Tiger announces Brisbane base

BPA
4th Dec 2013, 02:11
Tiger have just announced they will base 2 aircraft in Brisbane and new routes from early next year. The routes are:

Brisbane - Darwin
Brisbane -Cairns
Brisbane - Adelaide

CF6JETBLAST
4th Dec 2013, 07:25
Rumour round the traps is that Bae are now hiring casual labour to support Tigers line activities. :ugh:

TexanPilot
4th Dec 2013, 09:04
Dare I ask, but what's wrong with BAE employing people?

jarden
4th Dec 2013, 14:55
Also they will resume SYD to ADL flights.
Just need to return to CBR and LST now

falconx
5th Dec 2013, 02:46
Jet blast, do you think considering BAE has its maintenance contract?

CF6JETBLAST
5th Dec 2013, 07:14
The point with Bae is CASUALS..... Just another labour hire company ? :ugh:

Icarus2001
5th Dec 2013, 09:41
Also they will resume SYD to ADL flights.
Just need to return to CBR and LST now Just need to work out how to make a profit or ROI.:sad:

BNEA320
5th Dec 2013, 22:36
VA won't let TT fly to CBR, as routes to CBR must be highest yielding in the country. Public servants & pollies don't care what fare the taxpayers pays for them to fly into CBR + for punters SYD is just on 2 hours 30 mins drive, just beyond the Southwest 2 hour rule.

emergency000
6th Dec 2013, 07:55
VA won't let TT fly to CBR, as routes to CBR must be highest yielding in the country. Public servants & pollies don't care what fare the taxpayers pays for them to fly into CBR + for punters SYD is just on 2 hours 30 mins drive, just beyond the Southwest 2 hour rule.

Hence why Qantas still operates its 737-400s on CBR routes, because they can take 20 business class seats instead of 12 JCL on the NGs.

And yes, I believe BAE are utilising ALG casuals in MEL. I know someone who may be able to confirm or deny that rumour, but it's up to him to see this thread and comment.

Cheers,
John

Dash8capt
6th Dec 2013, 12:42
BNEA320 what does the 2 hour rule have to do with it?

Fuel-Off
6th Dec 2013, 22:09
2 hours is how much time his mum will let him on flight sim before he has to finish his homework :}

Fuel-Off :ok:

Tidbinbilla
6th Dec 2013, 22:15
Tiger announces Brisbane base.

bankrunner
7th Dec 2013, 01:28

Federal public servants aren't obligated to fly JQ or TT where a full service carrier alternative is available, at least under the arrangements that were in place as of early 2012 and it's unlikely these have changed since then.

I don't think TT was even available in the booking system for any destination, but JQ was. JQ was rarely, if ever significantly cheaper than the contract best fare of the day from QF or VA anyway.

For the self funded budget travellers, a bus ticket from CBR to SYD is $20 to $40 depending on what time of day you leave; less than the cab fare to the airport from almost any suburb.