PDA

View Full Version : No outlook on Win 7 is Windows Live Mail ok.

magpienja
3rd Dec 2013, 20:09
Hi all...just started using a new to me PC but I find it has no outlook express for my emails...it runs win 7...my old pc with outlook ran XP,

I see there is a windows prog called Windows Live Mail....I know nothing about it...is it the way I need to go.

le Pingouin
3rd Dec 2013, 22:42
Windows Live Mail replaces Outlook Express (I presume that's what you're meaning and not Outlook that comes as part of MS Office). Mozilla Thunderbird is another option that some people prefer when transitioning from OE.

SawMan
3rd Dec 2013, 22:46
WLM replaced outlook, you should be able to find operational info on any tech site.

dazdaz1
4th Dec 2013, 15:08
Just type outlook.com in search bar. Then click the outlook link, top right of the window, when page loaded enter your email addy and password. Then save location.

Daz

magpienja
8th Dec 2013, 21:49
Ok working with Mozilla Thnderbird now...still getting to grips with it...seem ok bit like the old OE,

Having a prob though getting it to work with a second account for my wife...thats how we did it with outlook,

We use Virgin for our mail NTL...but keep getting incorct password for my wifes a/c...very frustrating,

Anybody else had simular prob if you run an NTL email a/c.

Nick.