PDA

View Full Version : BA at NCL

Call it sched!
11th May 2002, 13:22
An interesting fact...

The top BA station (puntuallity) in the UK is NCL - By a long way!

NCL is also the only station (of any size) in the UK where BA contract out their handling. (Groundstar).

...a case of Agents being better than airlines when it comes to ground handling? ...I'm sure it has not escaped BA's attention!

eeper
13th May 2002, 10:58
Just out of interest do these figures look at punctuality overall or just at delays caused by the handling agent?

If it is punctuality overall then (with no disrespect to Groundstar who have always been excellent) I am not surprised that NCL does well. NCL is a quiet airport, there are no cul-de-sacs and very little traffic to cause delays. In addition some of the turnrounds on the LHR service are incredibly long, sometimes up to 2 hours.

Call it sched!
18th May 2002, 22:43
Just to put the recoed straight...
The delay stats do Not include LIAC and ATC.
There are 168 BA departures out of NCL every week, shortly to rise again come August.
The longest turnaround time is 1h50min (1 flt only)
the average turnaround time on the LHR service is only 1h 15min!
most of the Citiexpress flts come in on minimum turnarounds and the LGW flts (now also mainline) are mainly on minimum turnarounds as well.
NCL is hardly a "quiet" Airport anymore! Anyone who spends a day there will see that!

GOBWX
21st May 2002, 01:43
B.A.C.X also use aviance and servis air at these out stations.... sou cwl stn ltn maybe even more :cool:

eeper
22nd May 2002, 15:59
Call it sched,

Thanks for clarifying. I withdraw my earlier cynicism, although that 1h50 LHR turnround often feels longer!