PDA

View Full Version : Fly Russia/Aeroprize - anyone know them?

Whirlybird
11th May 2002, 11:48
Someone sent me details of Fly Russia/Aeroprize http://home.worldonline.nl/~aeropriz a bit back. They organise flying trips to Russia, flying their military aircraft, both f/w and rotary, at ridiculously cheap prices (eg MI2 $22/hr, MI8 $450). You can also fly jets, visit Star City, go sky diving, etc etc. It all seems to be organised by a Canadian woman who lives in Holland, who flies f/w and helis and also sky dives, and has been organising these trips for 10 years or so.

Does anyone know anything about them? Is flying Russian helis safe(ish) - I've been there; most of the country is falling apart. If it does seem OK, would anyone else like to come on the proposed August trip (16th- 25th I think) as they need more people for it to run, and I want to go, unless it looks like just an interesting way to commit suicide!

Finally, is the CAA likely to accept the hours (as P U/T)?

Aesir
11th May 2002, 22:14
Newer heard of the company before.

I checked their website and they claim to be able to arrange a ride in the Mi-26. I most definetly interested in that, I have already flown the Mi-17 Kazan and really loved it.

The Russian helicopters are really very sturdy aircraft and absolutely not unsafe, but of course they need maintenance like all other helicopters and the lack of proper care may be why they have such bad reputation.

If I could choose then IŽd rather fly a Mi-17 or Mi-26 than the overprized machines that we have to fly here in Europe due to certification regulations.

haha.... We are probably gonna get a hell of a discussion about this..:p

advancing_blade
12th May 2002, 09:47
Whirly

I said I would contact the CAA for written confirmation of what mike at FCL said on the phone "PIC would count as long as I did a type rating" , so I can't see a problem with P U/T. Will let you know if/when I get it. Nathalie wrote that a type rating could be done (don't know if it will be recognised, as not a JAA FTO). How do you know Nathalie is Canadian, is that a whirlygirl info' thing?

Incidentally the Kamov they show is a KA 52, designed as an Apache killer, that would be fun :D if a bit $$$

Brian

Whirlybird
12th May 2002, 15:28
advancing blade,

I'm not sure how I know Nathalie's Canadian; I thought I got it off their web site, but I can't quite remember. I'll have another look there and see.