PDA

View Full Version : NJE Redundancies?

Sop_Monkey
30th Nov 2013, 18:18
I remember a thread about a month ago, stating NJE are going to get rid of some crews. I cant find the old thread.

Just came across an advert by NJE for 2 crews, based Europe.

Now this tells me either:

1/ They are not shedding crews.

2/ They don't give a damn about the crews being put off, by not offering them the positions, type rated or not type rated. Or,

3/ The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

CL300
30th Nov 2013, 18:36
pop corn time..

Globally Challenged
30th Nov 2013, 18:47
Well it is technically their EJME arm that is recruiting and the NJML that is laying off.

The technicalities and moralities involved are open for discussion I guess.

Although as it would be the owner of the 7X who would be paying for the crew (I suppose as I have no idea of the contractual setup at EJME?) then perhaps they are the ones who have stipulated the rating and minimum experience?

south coast
30th Nov 2013, 19:29
SOP Monkey

Could you attach the link for the job advert or tell us where you saw it please.

duxone
30th Nov 2013, 19:46
Falcon 7X Pilot In Command (Geneva)-Latest Pilot Jobs-Latest Pilot Jobs (http://www.latestpilotjobs.com/jobs/view/id/1571.html)

Maybe...;)

Sop_Monkey
30th Nov 2013, 20:06
That's it

If the new owners stipulated the rating, surely the NJ negotiator developed a set of b:mad:s and insisted that NJE crews be taken on. We all have to learn a new type sooner or later, so why would they be a liability? I think NJE should have explained, they have good adaptable crews, that could well be on the street soon. My beating is they didn't.

NJUS get involved in the recruiting at NJME, don't worry about that.

This is the sort of corporate mindset that nauseates me, should my gut feeling be correct. Seen too much of it over the years.

slr737
1st Dec 2013, 10:41
67 or 68 people will be made redundant at the end of this year. That's the 4th or 5th time they made people redundant since 2008.

They were around 1000 pilots in 2008, now less than 500 at the end of the year.

The advert is for an owner and is not connected to netjets europe. The people made redundant are the last in first out so probably none have 7x rating.

Netjets Europe is slowly sinking and they are putting all their large cabin in EJME with lower pilot conditions.....

CL300
1st Dec 2013, 13:54
slr737 67 or 68 people will be made redundant at the end of this year. That's the 4th or 5th time they made people redundant since 2008.

They were around 1000 pilots in 2008, now less than 500 at the end of the year.

The advert is for an owner and is not connected to netjets europe. The people made redundant are the last in first out so probably none have 7x rating.

Netjets Europe is slowly sinking and they are putting all their large cabin in EJME with lower pilot conditions..

Completely wrong form the numbers to the outcome to the schedule of events.. Need more insight before writing..:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

Delta12
2nd Dec 2013, 18:13
Yep, all numbers wrong !!!! Do a proper research first..... then start typing !!!

slr737
3rd Dec 2013, 13:13
Then tell us the latest numbers you know instead of posting such comments..... But you probably have no clue at all.....

It might have change but that's the latest numbers I'm aware.... From November....

Moonwalker
3rd Dec 2013, 17:02
What does EJME mean?

Booglebox
3rd Dec 2013, 17:04
Could be typo for "NJME" = netjets middle east

Globally Challenged
3rd Dec 2013, 17:10
Executive Jet Management Europe (EJM was the original company that became NetJets in the US AFAIK). Basically they have a new AOC which manages owner aircraft (and apparently assists in recruiting staff).

ps - got to love an acronym

CL300
3rd Dec 2013, 18:11
slr737

Then tell us the latest numbers you know instead of posting such comments..... But you probably have no clue at all.....

It might have change but that's the latest numbers I'm aware.... From November....

I am afraid that we cannot comply with you request..

Globally Challenged Executive Jet Management Europe (EJM was the original company that became NetJets in the US AFAIK). Basically they have a new AOC which manages owner aircraft (and apparently assists in recruiting staff).

Nope, but as above...We cannot shed the light for you , sorry ( at least i cannot)

slr737
3rd Dec 2013, 20:04
CL300 afraid that Mark will come after you.....

Bidding for the voluntary redundancy closed last week .... Most probably a good option to take it and be free before the voluntary package decrease below UK mandatory package. What is it mow 12 months? Compared to 24 previously.....

CL300
4th Dec 2013, 06:19
When you are in a company, and signed a confidential agreement ; you cannot discuss about facts that have not been released public, and even after, you can only do it within reasons; and most probably not on pprune. This has nothing to do with Netjets, this has to do with the respect of your words and the value of your signature.
Hope you can understand ..

Moonwalker
4th Dec 2013, 14:10
CL300:
But you've already answered by saying it was a false statement. :E

CL300
4th Dec 2013, 16:04
This I can do ... I think.. LoL