PDA

View Full Version : cursed macromedia flash player

tony draper
11th May 2002, 09:01
:mad: :mad: , How do I get rid of this poxy thing, its driving me batty, just loaded windows on a different H/D downloaded ie6 and directx 8, and a few other bits and pieces,
Sonn as i go on the net this poxy thing asking me if i want to install macromedia flashplayer keeps poppin up, all the bloody time,
Ran search and I can't find the sodding thing, how do i deleate this and consign this extremely annoying pop up rubbish to the bin?.

RadarContact
11th May 2002, 09:13
By installing Macromedia Flash, really :D. Most of the sites use it for display quality, so you'll have a hard time getting around it.
"www.macromedia.com"
It's resonably sized, it doesn't bite...

FLEX42
11th May 2002, 20:24
Tony..........calm down.

As radar says, most sites use it. It's one of those essentials like winzip, acrobat reader, etc. Download it and give it a whirl. If you really don't want it we'll tell you where it all lives and how to get rid :cool: chill.

PaperTiger
12th May 2002, 00:35
Totally useless piece of fluff. Very few of the sites I frequent use it, but I suppose the genre has some bearing. OK if they put a 'skip intro' link (often almost invisible), but sites which don't do so immediately lose me as a casual visitor.
Turning off all 'active' elements in your browser will stop it from firing. Most active stuff is cosmetic anyway, with the possible exception of those annoying Java-only menus.