PDA

View Full Version : cabin crew initiation

cabinslave
11th May 2002, 08:45
I was wonderin if the new recruit initiation still goes on? anyone out there got any good stories?:D

tinyrice
11th May 2002, 21:24
....... "empty 707 cockpit trick". Guaranteed to cause wet drawers.

Sliding member
11th May 2002, 22:03
Wots that all about then?

tinyrice
11th May 2002, 22:06
Crew rings for coffes, scurries of down the lower 41( avionics bay ) Young innocent enters cockpit to find that there's only her and Otto the Pilot flying. Runs screaming from the cockpit. Crew regains their seats, call the galley and demand their coffee. Thoroughly confused junior F/A nervously opens the door to be met with three grinning faces. Grinning,because they've been down the hole looking up her skirt.................

cabinslave
13th May 2002, 08:01
I hope there are more like that out there, just trying 2 find the hostee humour still exsists. Mayb a little cruel but when i first started it was the norm to find out who was capable of finding their sense of humour when most needed. Ive had it done to me, been given the challenge to find the Capt's golden rivet!
:D

eeper
13th May 2002, 11:08
I recall reading a book many years ago (Airport International, I think) that had the following trick.

Flight deck requested a tin of vegetable soup (this probably ages the story somewhat!). During cruise the new hostie was called to bring a sick bag into the flight deck as one of the crew was feeling unwell. Tin of soup was emptied into the bag and the unfortunate newbie was called to collect the bag. As it was passed back to her the captain would dip his finger in and taste it. "Mmmmm...tastes good"

My favorite story came from a captain that I trained with. During the cruise they rolled a twenty pound note into the ACARS printer. When one of the crew came up, the captain started loudly complaining that he had been underpaid by £20 on the last nightstop and that P2 should get in touch with the company to rectify this. On the cabin crews next visit, the F/O would press the ACARS feed button and, hey presto, £20 appeared. Not sure if anyone ever fell for it, but a good way to pass the time when crossing the pond!