PDA

View Full Version : Monty Python

Straighten Up
29th Nov 2013, 09:50
Today I finally got my hands on some tickets for this show on the third time of trying. Very excited about it.

In the Telegraph the other day there was a piece about the ticket touts who buy up a lot of the tickets to immediately resell 2-3x face value.

Even worse than this in my mind is the ticket agencies themselves who on day 1 of ticket selling at 10:00:45 seconds offered me tickets via their "partner" site already at 3 x fv.

If something comes up and someone cannot attend I have non problem with then using this method to get rid of their tickets but there is no way someone could buy and relist those tickets in 45 seconds.

Are the ticket agencies themselves buying tickets at whatever discount they get then boosting their own profits by marking up on 3rd party reseller sites.

I'd be interested to hear anyone else's experiences

mixture
29th Nov 2013, 10:08
Are the ticket agencies themselves buying tickets at whatever discount they get then boosting their own profits by marking up on 3rd party reseller sites.

There was a TV documentary about this not so long ago.

Short answer is yes. Agencies and other businesses (e.g. those rip-off "concierge" services) deploy all sorts of tactics ....for example, I recall the programme showing staff members at one company sitting at their computers with literally a handful of different company cards they were using to buy up ticket stocks.

Don't forget also, for major events such as Monty Python there is limited seating capacity for plebs anyway, since there are blocks reserved for VIPs, corporate sponsors, radio competition winners etc. etc.

Of course, there will also be the usual individual scammers who buy up tickets and flog em at 3x.

lomapaseo
29th Nov 2013, 11:48
is there an app for this?

Blacksheep
29th Nov 2013, 12:36
There is no way they can ever be as good as they were in their prime and the key figure is already an ex-Python.

My advice therefore, is to flog your tickets for three times the face value as soon as possible.

How much do you want for them? Send a PM.

Miserlou
29th Nov 2013, 18:31
And they weren't THAT good in their prime.