PDA

View Full Version : One way to get on a boat...

Nige321
29th Nov 2013, 08:01
http://www.modeltek.com/Boat.jpg

Linky ... (http://giphy.com/gifs/eNphYH5FiKYQE?tc=1 via @giphy):=

http://media.giphy.com/media/eNphYH5FiKYQE/giphy.gif

Peter-RB
29th Nov 2013, 08:22
What a smooth Dude, fraught with alsorts of "what if's"...:ouch::=

Peter R-B

cattletruck
29th Nov 2013, 08:38
Capt smalld!ck had to visit the ATM to pay his companions.

:yuk:

timprice
29th Nov 2013, 08:43
What a great way to get a pilot on a boat to guide the ladies in safely!

9Aplus
29th Nov 2013, 09:00
How about "no step" on emerg. floats :p

John R81
29th Nov 2013, 09:01
Your absolutely right Peter and Cattletruck. There should be no risk taking in life, and no fun either! If I'm not having fun, I don't see why anyone else should! With you there 100%

No sign of any jealousy in any posts either - just constructive, from the heart advice.

Not legal in UK for me to try that for the personal video album - Mrs 81 is (in my eyes) more than comparable to all of the ladies put together - as we are not allowed to depart / eject anything from the machine in flight without the written permission of CAA. It would be legal for (e.g.) a film stunt if properly authorised but I assume that I missed the bit of the post where that had all been ruled out.

heli1
29th Nov 2013, 11:44
Where's the next bit of film that shows the helicopter keeling over to starboard with the sudden weight change and crashing into the sea when the skid hits the water?!

SASless
29th Nov 2013, 11:52
As long as nothing goes wrong....everything is cool isn't it?:E

Agaricus bisporus
29th Nov 2013, 12:57
Is he perhaps related to the guy who tried to tow a speedboat in Brazil(?)

Pretty ****** unimaginative, I'd say.

fatmanmedia
29th Nov 2013, 14:03
i don't see the issue with that, i remember being dropped of the skids of a jet ranger a few years ago while diving off the cost of Texas, i was happy to dive off a rib but it was suggested by the pilot that the helicopter would be faster and just as safe, i'm a portly fellow and the dive took place at the same height as the R44 in the GIF file, the helicopter did not tip over and there were no issues there, my dive partner was a skinny girl who followed me in and again there was no issue.

The pilot in the clip could see what was going on and therefore could anticipate the weight transfer and could correct it as it happened. If the guy getting off the R44 decided to go from the seat to the boat with out preparing for the transfer then i could see there being serious issues with the helicopter going in.

Fats

Peter-RB
29th Nov 2013, 14:28
John R,

Pot holing and driving big engines in small cars did my bit for fun and risk, but do remember that is an R44 ROBINSON that Cool Dude is stepping off, renowned for one or two mishaps and at that height not enough time to say "Bugger"....:eek:

Peter R-B

206Fan
29th Nov 2013, 14:53
Fee4F6ShWN0

Exo.
29th Nov 2013, 15:02
How about "no step" on emerg. floats

Best comment on this thread.

Even better now it's turned out to be a tv advert...

WeeJeem
29th Nov 2013, 15:41
Where's the next bit of film that shows the helicopter keeling over to starboard with the sudden weight change and crashing into the sea when the skid hits the water?!Ah yes, you mean the bit where it would roll right and start to gain height due to the reduction in weight, when the smart thing would have been a climbing turn to starboar oh, hang on a second... :hmm:

nomorehelosforme
29th Nov 2013, 16:37
Well done for finding that! Would love to see the risk accesment for that stunt including the fact it was a Robinson!. Top execs that sit in an office thinking what a great idea for an advert with zero knowledge of the risks and responsiblty, would they ever consider something like weight transfer as the guy steps onto the boat, it seems to have caught the pilot my surprise to a certain degree not pretty at that height!

206Fan
29th Nov 2013, 18:00
I believe the chap stepping onto the boat is Bradley Friesen. The aircraft (R44 Astro) seems to be BC Helicopters machine. Stand to be corrected though!

BC Helicopters Ltd. | Helicopter Flight Training (http://www.bchelicopters.com/)

Regarding Bradleys cap, he posted this on another thread!

It was actually me. My hat was on so tight, I had a massive headache that evening.
I was wearing it 2 sizes too small to be certain it wouldn't fly off. Huge danger with the tail-rotor on that side, directly behind me if it did come free. I also had 2 strands of 30 pound fishing line from my hat to my belt, down the inside of my shirt incase it did come off as a safety and back-up.

GoodGrief
29th Nov 2013, 18:05
Life on planet Earth is a risk in itself with an overall mortality rate of 100%.
How can all you nay sayers even crawl out of bed every morning?

People stepping onto and off skids during flight is normal procedure.

Over to the fun police...:suspect:

nomorehelosforme
29th Nov 2013, 18:39
We all get out of bed in the morning and go to work, regardless of what industry you are in we all have to follow the politically correct procedures set by our industries. Personally I love risk taking and some extreme sports but when something goes wrong lawyers home in on corporate liability, like it or not this is the life we live in!

John Eacott
29th Nov 2013, 19:28
The only problem that I have with the whole procedure is that I just cannot read the tattoo :cool:

llamaman
29th Nov 2013, 19:47
Brilliant. Nothing went wrong, something could have done, but it didn't. Without a sense of adventure and an element of risk-taking we'd all still be sat in caves wandering what was out there. The helicopter seen facilitating this 'reckless' stunt would never have left the drawing board had today's levels of litigation, health and safety, and 'fun police' brigade been around a century ago.

500e
29th Nov 2013, 20:31
The only problem that I have with the whole procedure is that I just cannot read the tattoo :cool:

Not even if you view in HD

nomorehelosforme
29th Nov 2013, 21:16
Wonder how this thread would be reading if something had gone wrong?

jimf671
29th Nov 2013, 23:25
Yeah, so there are hazards like weight transfer, proximity to boat and the low altitude, but surely the real mystery is how blondie manages to develop her arm strength with a pair like that getting in the way. :E

icedriver
30th Nov 2013, 00:30
Surely the most dangerous aspect of this stunt is letting a woman drive the boat.....incoming!