PDA

View Full Version : Bio of Bob Harper

Genghis the Engineer
28th Nov 2013, 10:42
I'm writing some notes on the CHR scale, and just want to include a short paragraph about the professional histories of George Cooper and Bob Harper.

George Cooper is easy - there's quite a lot of information in various official histories that I can extract. However, there seems virtually nothing I can find about the history of Bob Harper - I basically seem to find (1) Worked at Cornell, (2) wrote a jolly useful report with George Cooper.

Can anybody either post or point me at any kind of professional history for the gent, as I'm sure he's done much more than just that.

Machdiamond
29th Nov 2013, 18:33
I was just reading Airplane Stability and Control from Abzug and Larrabee and it has a list of bios for famous SnC engineers, here is what Harper's reads:

Harper, Robert P., Jr. 1926–, b. Gallipolis, OH. S.B. Ae. (1952), S.M.Ae. (1953), Mass. Inst. of Tech. Harper was a Calspan engineer and test pilot who is noted for his part in developing the Cooper-Harper flying qualities rating. He was project engineer on the F-94 and NT-33A variable-stability airplanes during simulation of reentry vehicles and the X-15, as well as during basic flying qualities research.

Genghis the Engineer
8th Dec 2013, 17:13
Thanks Mach, that's about double what I had before, and just about ticks the box. Much appreciated.