PDA

View Full Version : Is there Racism/discrimination at Jet Star Japan

A320007
27th Nov 2013, 16:19
After a number of expats recruited to fly A320s in Japan, not one is flying after a year, several planes are sat on the ground not being flown,the company is losing a fortune!

Delaying tactics are being used to keep expats from flying, in a vain attempt to play for time to upgrade their own pilots to be captains.

Expats have passed JCAB checks yet need to now have extra medicals, tech tests or anything else the Japanese management can dream up.:ugh:

Why did they even bother to recruit expats and waste thetime of these guys and give false hopes?:ugh:

Anyone else with similar experiences here?

Green Guard
27th Nov 2013, 17:29
Is there Racism/discrimination at Jet Star Japan ?? Of course not, either you are local or you are an alien... Does it sound more familiar now, you gaijin !

Roscoedog
27th Nov 2013, 20:45
It is the way they do things my friend, totally different culture, and it always takes 15 to 18 months to start actual flying when foreigners join, usually spent one and half days in school, 5 on golf course etc., Don't knock it, they are getting paid and do not have to do much, makes it sound like pilots will definitely whine about anything, no job, got a job, no flying , too much flying.
They take breaking a contract very seriously, as it is considered your word and honour.
Want to work overseas, better adapt and enjoy.

Berealgetreal
28th Nov 2013, 12:27
I think if you look closely into this matter you will find its Virgin's fault.

Alexander de Meerkat
29th Nov 2013, 12:40
In answer to the question, 'Yes'.

The Dominican
29th Nov 2013, 23:40
Oh, so the training is not 3 months as some new hired was claiming so strongly here about a year ago??? No that can't be, I'm sure you are mistaken...., he was insisting that everybody from the management, contract company was telling them 90 days so you have to be mistaken:rolleyes:

Flytdeck
30th Nov 2013, 15:57
Horse puckey on the 18 month training. Training does take awhile but normally six months seems to be average whether type rated or not. Those over 50 need a couple more simulator sessions but nothing arduous.

Jet Star likely having regulatory issues but this is only speculation. Japanese companies in my experience are good to work for. The only bug in the system is the JCAB licensing inquisitions. Some of the inspectors (not all) are miserable in the question periods. Examination through humiliations and intimidation.

Aircraft are well maintained. F/Os well trained though may be inexperienced and have difficulty hand flying the aircraft. They learn quickly, though.

Captain Dart
1st Dec 2013, 23:58
I would be very careful about hitching my star to an overseas Jetstar outfit. The QANTAS group, of which Jetstar is part, is attempting to get Australian Government assistance in protecting mainline QANTAS, which has been suffering years of mismanagement and neglect, second fiddle to its low-cost sibling, Jetstar which is despised by many pilots and passengers.

This is not sitting well with many Australians, with QANTAS group money being shovelled into these offshore Jetstar 'experiments'.

Captain Dart
5th Dec 2013, 07:29
Qantas to cut 1000 jobs (http://finance.ninemsn.com.au/newsbusiness/8766445/qantas-to-cut-1000-jobs)

SOPS
5th Dec 2013, 08:46
If some of the comments flying around the Australian media at the moment are anything to go by, The days of Jetstar in its present form may well be numbered.

bringbackthe80s
5th Dec 2013, 08:56
Could this be good news for Peach (and ANA)?...not so much for potential joiners though looking at requirements and what's on offer..

Captain Dart
6th Dec 2013, 06:43
Qantas credit reduced to junk (http://finance.ninemsn.com.au/newsbusiness/aap/8767014/qantas-shares-in-trading-halt)