PDA

View Full Version : Demotion at OATS??

Hobo
26th Feb 2001, 22:55
I don't read Flight every week but the "Captain" who appears in the half page ad for OATS in the issue of 24-30 October 2000 has been demoted to a two ringer in the issue of 20-26 Feb 2001. You know the one? The cool dude with folded arms looking half sideways at you with his twinjet and a sunset in the background. Reminds me of the joke: Jenkins, do you know why you've been a second officer for so long?..... Because we don't have third officers!

Any theories?

Going Around & Around
27th Feb 2001, 03:29
The aforementioned "cool dude" was an OATS student that after leaving and having trouble getting a job, decided in the interim to work upstairs in marketing. Unfortunatley, I think he caught the smug look from a certain McGuire that swaggers around up there, you know the one... Sometimes, if you're lucky, you can catch him chuckling quietly to himself and muttering "aftersales service - second to none...oh no, I meant to say there is none - I always forget that one..." under his breath as he watches another prospective long course student drive away after a look around!
As for the demotion, maybe he was getting too much grief from his new colleagues at Ryanair and asked for the extra bars to be airbrushed out!
(If the bloke in question (NOT McGuire)should read this, hope all is well & drop me an email!)

kalik
27th Feb 2001, 11:48
I Haven't seen Flight yet - won't get it for another week out here in the States , but usually the 4 bar Captain is used in advertising for the top of the range full time approved ATPL course at OATS & the 2 bar F/O for modular courses , usually at Gloucester .

Nearly Man
27th Feb 2001, 14:29
The chap in question...took the time to take me around Oxo and was very pleasant considering I was probably one of many visiting that day.....

Going Around & Around
27th Feb 2001, 15:03
Rereading my previous, sorry if I gave a negative impression of him. He's a really nice bloke...it was the other I was having a dig at!