PDA

View Full Version : Matthew 19:14 KJV

cavortingcheetah
26th Nov 2013, 17:03
But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

$140-a-day fine for refusing 'brit' | The Times of Israel (http://www.timesofisrael.com/woman-fined-nis-500day-for-failing-to-circumcise-son/)

DX Wombat
26th Nov 2013, 17:16
It's MATTHEW. :ugh:

cavortingcheetah
26th Nov 2013, 17:30
Thank you for the very perspicacious pointer. Somewhere in my hurried translation from Arabic to Hebrew and then into English a T went up the junction, much obliged and so corrected.

eastern wiseguy
26th Nov 2013, 18:48
Child abuse......pure and simple.

moosp
26th Nov 2013, 20:04
Genital mutilation of a child, pure and simple. The cutters should get prison sentences whichever country of the world they are in.

After the age of 18 or whatever the age of majority is in your country, then go for it if you wish. That is your choice.

You may as well be cutting a baby's finger off and saying it is for religious or health reasons. Perverts.

Expecting incoming from the round heads...

charliegolf
26th Nov 2013, 20:17
How much does a moel (sp) get paid?

CG

eastern wiseguy
26th Nov 2013, 20:37
CG....Don't.......:hmm:

PingDit
26th Nov 2013, 20:44
I've heard they just get to keep the tips...

G-CPTN
26th Nov 2013, 20:58
Recollect another Merchant Navy engineer saying he was circumcised.
My older brother was, but we were neither Jewish nor Muslim - it seems it was fashionable for 'health reasons' in the mid 1930s. By the time I was born the War had probably changed all that.

ColliedogWizard
26th Nov 2013, 21:37
Sorry, but am I missing something, what does the "Brit" refer to in the headline? I hope that we are not being associated with certain "remains", t'would be most unkind. Mind you, no where near as unkind as the barbaric ritual itself is.

eastern wiseguy
26th Nov 2013, 21:51
Brit milah - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bris)

Does this help?

G-CPTN
26th Nov 2013, 23:03
One wonders about the true origin of circumcision (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bris#Reasons_for_circumcision).

The Talmud explicitly instructs that a boy must not be circumcised if he had two brothers who died due to complications arising from their circumcisions;

DX Wombat
26th Nov 2013, 23:26
CC, thanks, it's a very sore point with me.
Here in Bradford a special service was set up to help minimise the occurrence of post-operative infection following circumcision by medically unqualified persons. A fee was charged and the operation was done under the usual sterile conditions in a special clinic with the baby receiving adequate sedation and pain relief. Parents were given detailed information about post operative care and what to do in the case of deviation from the normal course of events.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
27th Nov 2013, 01:57
It may once have been necessary to give a desert first aid manual the status of Gospel to get the average illiterate goatherd to follow it.

This is the 21st Century.

n.b also in Matthew 19.
Jesus "I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery"

I just love the consistency of religious fundamentalists :hmm:

Burnie5204
27th Nov 2013, 02:50
Female Genital Mutilation for cultural reasons is unanimously condemned in the western world yet Male Circumcision for cultural reasons is an accepted practice.

Both involve the unneccesary removal of parts of a childs anatomy yet one is allowed and the other condemned. In my opinion they should both be banned in the western world when done for cultural reasons. Medical purposes are different and are carried out as a proper surgical procedure when neccesary.

In the past and in the middle east is a different story when it comes to male circumcision as it prevents health complications further down the line for them (less so with modern healthcare) caused by the hot, dusty environment so has a purpose but I think this should be done by a proper healthcare proffesional under anaesthetic rather than someone who has had no formal training in what is, lets face it, surgery beyond 'well it hasnt gone wrong so far' and does it specifically without pain relief in order to cause pain!

Solid Rust Twotter
27th Nov 2013, 04:29
Well if they hadn't lopped off the last third I'd never be able to stuff the other 14" in my rugger shorts.:}

Solid Rust Tripod.

cattletruck
27th Nov 2013, 05:06
The Australian aborigines give their boys the barbaric snip at about ages 7-9, and their cultural beliefs predate most religions. In their case it's about the transition from boyhood into manhood as the pain is quite an experience as you could imagine. On the other hand the religious justification for such serious mutilation is there to keep priests in a job along with all the other brainwashing propaganda they do.

Solid Rust Twotter
27th Nov 2013, 05:10
Yup. The initiation schools out here kill off a couple of dozen kids every year doing that.

MagnusP
27th Nov 2013, 11:16
Hey, SRT, first time I've seen the " symbol used for centimetres! ;)