PDA

View Full Version : music in ITV3 advert

rans6andrew
24th Nov 2013, 17:39
aaargghhhh.........

I know the answer to this but can I recall it?.......

What is the music I just heard during the ITV3 advert for it's collection of crime series' (Morse, Endeavor, Lewis, Frost etc) and shown during an ad break in tonight's episode of Morse?

Please put me out of my misery!

Ta,

Rans6........

PTT
24th Nov 2013, 18:24
This one? Where Drama Lives trailer | presscentre (http://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/where-drama-lives-trailer)

DADDY-OH!
24th Nov 2013, 19:04
It's by Katie Herzig & it's called Closest I Get. It's from her 2011 album a The Waking Sleep.

I hope this helps.:)

rans6andrew
24th Nov 2013, 20:27
erm.... no, not that trailer. The one I saw was just for the various detective series' and was a lot more "heavy metal" than "romantic ballad" in feel.

I don't do romantic, I'm a lot more Led Zep, Who, Deep P, Judas P, Queensryche and Pearl Jam etc.

Ta for trying though,

Rans6..

treadigraph
24th Nov 2013, 20:49
I've heard it Rans6 and have no idea who it is, but it does seem very familiar...

rans6andrew
24th Nov 2013, 21:07
"I've heard it Rans6 and have no idea who it is, but it does seem very familiar... "

which is exactly why it is annoying me so much this evening!

If I don't get it soon I shall have to play something else, loud, before I go to bed or it will be going around and around for half the night.

Rans6....

DADDY-OH!
27th Nov 2013, 19:36
How about "I'm Finding It Harder To Be A Gentleman" by The White Stripes....?

TheChitterneFlyer
27th Nov 2013, 20:00
I was also searching for the same music track... thanks DADDY-OH!, that's the one.

TCF

DADDY-OH!
27th Nov 2013, 20:04
Glad I could help. It's a cracker!

DO

mixture
27th Nov 2013, 20:06
rans6andrew,

You know "there's an app for that".

Never used it, but apparently stick it on your iPhone, play it a tune and it will ident the tune for you.

treadigraph
27th Nov 2013, 20:07
Thanks Daddy-Oh, not an answer I was expecting but I do rather like it!

There are elements that remind me of something from the '60s, possibly The Who?

DADDY-OH!
28th Nov 2013, 00:37
Yeah, Treadigraph, I see where you're coming from. Jack White does have a Daltreyesque resonance....

My last couple of queries were for the Budgie Smuggling Southern Comfort Beach Walker & an advert for Holiday Cottages in the UK yielding gems from Foster & The People & a beauty by Odetta.

I miss this, digging out obscure tracks for people. Maybe it's time for Daddy Oh! & His Wheels Of Sound to kick the chickens out of the Camper Van & hit the road... Anybody know where the Rave Scene is currently breaking...?

sirwa69
28th Nov 2013, 02:52
Download this to your phone (free for android, don't know how much for the rip off crew).
Welcome to Shazam (http://www.shazam.com/)

Hic!

Tankertrashnav
28th Nov 2013, 15:52
Glad I could help. It's a cracker!

Maybe - until you've seen the trail for the 137th time :*

I really must watch less TV!

rans6andrew
1st Dec 2013, 20:05
Thanks, Daddy-Oh, nailed it. The likeness to The Who put me on the wrong track and then I had no chance of getting it.

Rans6........

treadigraph
1st Dec 2013, 20:45
"Who Are You" is the song I was reminded of, there's a chord (?) sequence that's quite similar I think.