PDA

View Full Version : Tigerair

Giggles aircraft
21st Nov 2013, 10:23
Just wondering whether anyone can tell me how Tigerair is performing. A mate told me they're struggling, but then I heard someone else say their flights are full.

Capt Claret
21st Nov 2013, 11:28
Full flights of low yield cheap fares don't necessarily mean profitable, and half full flights of high yield business class fares don't necessarily mean loss.

Eastwest Loco
21st Nov 2013, 12:41
talking to most Travel Agents in my contact sphere, none will book them.

No Industry presence = no interest and all bookings we made resulted in a complete disaster.

I will temper that with the fact that number one son has used them on several occasions and has had zero problems.

I am just too old and cynical to run with scissors again.

Best all

EWL

Now Knight Flight not Jetset. Same value, worse sense of humour.

ASY68
21st Nov 2013, 13:19
EWL,

is that because TT are non GDS and don't offer commission?

Berealgetreal
21st Nov 2013, 19:25
Tigers entire purpose is to keep Jetstar in the low cost segment, while Virgin lower cost base than Qantas competes for the business dollar. Without Tiger Jetstar could have gradually encroached on Virgin offering pseudo business class options.

Tiger might never turn a positive dollar but if they hold Jetstar down they've completely served their purpose. Alan knows it to.

Giggles aircraft
22nd Nov 2013, 01:06
so you think they'll survive?

Watchdog
22nd Nov 2013, 02:25
Most flights are 90% plus load factor ....up to overbook levels. Can't say what the yield is like, I'd imagine not so good. Last quarter still reported losing a motza.

Now that VA is getting a good lump sum to play with, it's no secret that TT will be grown, as berealgetreal says to keep JQ in check. Economies of scale are needed to stem the red ink flow.

Fris B. Fairing
22nd Nov 2013, 03:48
EWL

Now Knight Flight not Jetset. Same value, worse sense of humour.

Good luck with the new venture. So your sense of humour wouldn't stretch to "Fly by Knight"?

Regards
The other Loco Ron

Berealgetreal
22nd Nov 2013, 08:21
Giggles, as long as Jetstar exists so to will Tiger.

B772
25th Nov 2013, 02:25
Is Derek Fox still the Chief Pilot ?

wheels_down
25th Nov 2013, 02:37
Nope I believe it's still HH

waren9
25th Nov 2013, 02:56
i heard foxy was made a scapegoat a couple of years ago.