PDA

View Full Version : B1.1 issuance!!!

adarob
20th Nov 2013, 23:51
hello

[LEFT] i have a question, i studied in a Non 147 institute but i took a refresh course+sat for exams in 147 institute, am i able to apply for B1.1 initial basic Lic with my 2 yrs of experience or i should make 5 yrs of experience??

in UKCAA website this requirement is mentioned for B1.1 issuance (Copies of Approved 147 Basic Training Course Certificates (if claiming a reduction on the experience requirement)), so is a refresh course is considered to be a kind of reduction of experience requirement or no?

faz1989
21st Nov 2013, 15:47
As long as you passed all the modules in an approved EASA 147 training school, it will be recognized.
if the refresh course provide the minimum 2400hrs, then yes it will reduced the application requirement to two years, providing it was a mixture of theory and practical.
Whatever you study at the non-147 will not be recognized and will not reduce your experience requirement.

Capot
21st Nov 2013, 22:59
FAZ is right, but in a rather abbreviated way.

To qualify for the issue of a B1.1 you must follow one of two routes to it.

Route 1. Do a full Approved Basic Training course in a Part 147-approved Training Organisation. This course will require a minimum of 2400 hours, and will include classroom instruction and Examinations in all the Modules (probably 1200 hours), Practical Training (probably 800 hours), and fully-structured On-the-Job training (400 hours) in a Part 145-approved MRO which is arranged and supervised by the Part 147 organisation.

You then must do a minimum of 2 years work experience, in a Part 145 facility.

Route 2. You take all the Module Examinations, usually one by one, as and when you are ready to do so, but not as a part of an Approved Basic Training course. I think this has to be done within a 5-year period. Maybe shorter, maybe longer. Many Part 147-approved facilities arrange short intensive courses for these, but these courses are not to be confused with the Approved course (1 above). You don't have to attend any course; you can simply book and sit the exams with an NAA or a Part 147-approved TO.

If you choose this route you do NOT have to do any Practical training or OJT. Instead you must acquire at least 5 years work experience in a Part 145 MO. People who follow this route usually do the Modules while acquiring the work experience.

From what you say, you appear to need the 5 years work experience. Your "refresher" course does not sound like a Fully-Approved Basic Training Course with 2,400 hours. You will know; if you completed it you'll have the Basic Training Certificate.