PDA

View Full Version : Dogs die on Delta flight

ajaydg
10th May 2002, 15:08
:mad: http://www.activedayton.com/ddn/local/0507drugdogs.html
i hope some heads roll!

james737
10th May 2002, 17:35
Thanks for the heads up im keeping my pooch away from deadly delta !

Groundgripper
10th May 2002, 21:16
Reading that one, this by-line in the same paper caught my eye.

:eek: http://www.activedayton.com/ddn/local/0510airport.html

How technology has advanced - we now have to be reminded what double edged razor blades look like! (But for scraping the paint off windows?!! Rather your fingers than mine!)

AtlPax
10th May 2002, 21:46
Did it ever occur to anyone somebody might have wanted to . . .

{suspense}

Shave with it? :eek:

dallas dude
10th May 2002, 22:10
was it a Korean codeshare flight?

(after so many crewmeals one loses any sense of taste)

sightboard run
11th May 2002, 07:51
1 minute's silence for the hounds....

A Very Civil Pilot
12th May 2002, 12:15
Wasn't there a flight in the US last year (United?) when the flight deck were only told that there was a dog in the cargo hold after there had been a temperature overheat warning in the aircon. They decided to do their best for the dog, and after telling the pax that the dog was going to die of heat exhaustion if nothing was done, diverted and rescued it. Crew got a standing ovation from the pax and heaps of good publicity for the airline.

rhythm method
13th May 2002, 10:16
Pretty sure that was British Airways.

West Coast
13th May 2002, 16:11
No, I think it was UA.

brockenspectre
13th May 2002, 20:53
Have to say the thought of consigning my furkid to an airline is positively terrifying ... so I am not doing so for now. I really don't understand why dogs below a certain size (like 20" at the shoulder for example) can't be carried in the cabin. On the whole dogs are infinitely quieter, more obedient and less messy than human kids and yet we are all supposed to tolerate folks "dear little ones" screaming, whining and generally acting up!

Why is it that dogs (with relevant health and other certifications) are not allowed? Adult dogs can go for 12hrs without needing to pee and longer than 24hrs from needing to poop...so what's the beef? If an appropriate fare is paid and coverings/harness brought for the seat?

:D

G.Khan
14th May 2002, 00:03
Not sure where you might be travelling from/to but, (and you will need to check), KLM have allowed small dogs in the cabin.
Hope this helps.

steamchicken
14th May 2002, 19:44
There is a very good kaffeehaus in Vienna that needs a sign saying "Dogs must be kept on the floor without exception" (my translation) because of the little old ladies with their poodles and other tiny pooches. In future, the safety announcements might have to include something of the sort. And what about dog lifejackets for overwater ops?