PDA

View Full Version : June 2002 (again)

covec
2nd Feb 2002, 13:38
Am I in the "clear"?

UK ATPL (frozen) with Perf A (&E)

JAR CPL with JAR IR (Single Pilot Multi Engine)

Good luck to all.

Matthewjharvey
2nd Feb 2002, 13:45
covec, what on earth are you talking about.

Pilot Pete
2nd Feb 2002, 13:54
Don't you need to unfreeze the ATPL? And to get a JAR one you need 500hrs multi crew don't you?

PP

covec
2nd Feb 2002, 14:06
Greaser

I'm talking about the impending June deadline for National licences.

As I understand it, so long as you have a National or JAR CPL/IR by June 2002 then your National ATPL credits are OK.

Apologies for any "furrowed brows".

Matthewjharvey
2nd Feb 2002, 14:56
Oh it all becomes clear now, thanks.

covec
2nd Feb 2002, 20:17
Pilot Pete

I received a letter from the CAA dated 27 March 2000.

The subject was "Arrangements to Issue a JAR-FCL CPL(A) Restricted to Use in UK Registered Aeroplanes". The paragraph titled "Upgrading to JAR-FCL ATPL(A)" made no mention of unfreezing or obtaining a JAR-FCL ATPL(A) by June 2002.

It did say "Pilots who have passed the UK ATPL(A) examinations and who hold a JAR-FCL CPL(A)(R) with Instrument Rating and a valid type rating on a multi-pilot aeroplane will be required to meet the following requirements for the issue of a JAR-FCL ATPL(A):

There then followed the usual unfreezing criteria i.e. 1500 hours total; 500 hours multi-pilot acft. etc etc

Nothing about "and shall be achieved by June 2002".

I surmise from this that with a JAR-FCL CPL(A)(R)/IR then your UK ATPL(A) credits are OK beyond June 2002 until, as you say, you unfreeze it.

Cheers.

RVR800
4th Feb 2002, 14:15
Covec... .Your ATPL credits carry over on a . .CPL/IR if you keep the IR valid within . .7 years The JAA perf can be done at any . .time [email protected] for verification

[ 04 February 2002: Message edited by: RVR800 ]</p>