PDA

View Full Version : Fado in a ****** up world...

Cacophonix
19th Nov 2013, 23:33
We live in a ****** up world and why shouldn't women complain...

Amália Rodrigues - Fado Português - YouTube

Caco

Mike X
19th Nov 2013, 23:50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXUr3wUayzQ

Cacophonix
19th Nov 2013, 23:59
MikeX

Those Madeira daze...:ok:

Mariza 'Loucura' - YouTube

Caco

Cacophonix
20th Nov 2013, 00:06
I am a great fan of Fado because it gives incredibly good looking women the opportunity do that thing that makes women great... basically whining about men... and everything else... ;)

Ana Moura "Sou do Fado" - YouTube

Caco

Cacophonix
20th Nov 2013, 00:55
Matari, don't tell me you didn't meet Portuguese women working in whatever Block you worked in?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5QfXjsoNe4

Caco

Matari
20th Nov 2013, 01:00
Met one? I married a half-Portugese, half-French. More than 25 years now...can't believe it myself.

As for the fados? Sorry, but like Flamenco it is best heard in small bars, with lots of alcohol, and with an excuse handy and easy exit nearby.

Cacophonix
20th Nov 2013, 01:05
Met one? I married a half-Portugese, half-French. More than 25 years now...can't believe it myself.

As for the fados? Sorry, but like Flamenco it is best heard in small bars, with lots of alcohol, and with an excuse handy and easy exit nearby.

Are we not men... and hopefully happy? ;)

Black magic woman Santana - YouTube

Arbitrary, but good... :ok:

Caco

Capetonian
20th Nov 2013, 05:37
Slit my wrists music. Years ago I walked into a Fado bar in Lisbon, sober, with a beautiful Irish girl, after a long flight from Rio. I emerged profoundly depressed an hour or so later, feeling nauseous and thinking she was ugly. The world was ugly, and suicide had never been closer to my mind.

jolihokistix
20th Nov 2013, 05:48
Got taken to a small fado restaurant in Oporto as translator with a bunch of Japanese tourists on a set menu. The bones in the fish were bad enough. Had to clap and smile after every song and it went on all evening. Such a small room, with nowhere to hide. As the CDs were passed around we were expected to buy them then and there. Only the grudgingly-poured Verde kept me sane. (We were limited to one 'free' bottle per table of ten.)

The Marquis of Fado.

jolihokistix
20th Nov 2013, 05:58
The Nissan GTR Nismo ad in your link was worth watching!

"Matari, don't tell me you didn't meet Portuguese women working in whatever Block you worked in?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5QfXjsoNe4

Caco"

MagnusP
20th Nov 2013, 11:01
Oddly enough, I'm listening to Mariza as I type. "Fado em mim". Haven't listened to it for a couple of years, so it's strange that this thread turned up on the very day I decided to revisit fado.

(FX: Cue spooky "wooowooo" noises, thunder, lightning)

The SSK
20th Nov 2013, 11:14
... and I was listening to fado on my ride in this morning, but instrumental (guitar trio). It's really quite jolly music. I totally love it.

CD I bought in Sintra - 'Lisboa Cidade de Fado' - Paulo Parreira. Can't locate it precisely on the 'net.

Mike X
21st Nov 2013, 22:26
Indeed, Caco, Madeiran.

Those poor sods living on the urban west coast of Cape Town will never appreciate it.

"Pobre Fado" by Fernando Farinha - YouTube

Cacophonix
22nd Nov 2013, 00:29
MikeX

The Porras pour blood, just like us...!

Caco

Solid Rust Twotter
22nd Nov 2013, 05:42
The high school I went to had a lot of Portuguese immigrants/refugees from Moz and Angola and my first girlfriend was Portuguese. Her family almost drove me nuts playing that stuff all the time, not to mention watching me like a hawk to make sure I never laid a finger on her. However, the minute they turned their backs, she was all over me like a hot little octopus, the dirty minx.

Got to say I developed a taste for Portuguese cuisine as the group we hung with were mostly of that persuasion back then.:ok: I still keep a bag of frozen prawn rissoles in the freezer in case the lust overcomes me at 2am.

Nervous SLF
22nd Nov 2013, 06:03
:ok: I still keep a bag of frozen prawn rissoles in the freezer in case the lust overcomes me at 2am.

Wouldn't keeping a lady in bed be a better option to overcome lust :confused: :)

sitigeltfel
22nd Nov 2013, 06:11
Cataplana mmmmmmmmm!

Mike X
22nd Nov 2013, 09:20
Good blood, Caco, good blood.

SRT, I have long suspected you are one with the Universe, good boy. :ok:

Amália Rodrigues e Teresa Tarouca - Avé Maria Fadista e Passeio à Mouraria - YouTube

Mediterranean lunch today. Family, fish, salad, vino, music.

Solid Rust Twotter
22nd Nov 2013, 11:32
Nao fas mal, Admiral X.:ok: