PDA

View Full Version : Human Factors, EWIS and Fuel tank safety

banditb6
19th Nov 2013, 18:32
Hello just wondering if someone can shed some light on courses mentioned in the title, have seen a few job adverts listing these as requirements and doing a few searches it comes back with various companies offering these courses online.

Does anyone have any past experience of a certain online provider they can recommend and is it normal practice for these to be done online rather than a classroom?

Is the online course an approved EASA thing or just some companies trying to make money?

Thanks again

munster
19th Nov 2013, 18:54
The online courses are fine. Some employers will ask for an initial certificate. They don't need to be done by a part 147 school. I've used cloud aero training and never had any problems with QA departments.

Capot
19th Nov 2013, 22:09
Bandit is right; technically the only training that can have "approval", from either EASA or a National Authority is training under Part 66, ie Basic or Type training. Providers who claim that they have Part 147 approved EWIS etc courses are telling porkies. There is no such thing.

Training required under Part 145 (incl EWIS, FTS and HF) must be assessed and approved by Quality Managers, and I can endorse bandit's comment about cloud aero training; their courses are generally regarded as good; several of my company clients have bought them after assessment and been well satisfied by their content and service.