PDA

View Full Version : Garuda Business

Heathrow Harry
19th Nov 2013, 16:28
Just back from an extended trip to Indonesia - Garuda from Amsterdam

very good I though - significantly improved and a damn sight better than Qantas or BA via S'pore....................

and very very reasonable price as well

eastern wiseguy
19th Nov 2013, 19:30
That was a word from our sponsor;)...and now in other news......:p

MCDU2
19th Nov 2013, 19:51
I find that flying on major airlines keeps me and my family safe. Any mention of "safety" and I keep well clear. Also have you noticed how many accidents occur in Indonesian airlines. Would make me wonder if there isn't an endemic wider problem and worse still lack of regulation.

Garuda in Aus says they welcome the review of airline safety in Indonesia. (http://www.travelmole.com/news_feature.php?news_id=1116897&c=setreg&region=4)

lomapaseo
19th Nov 2013, 21:18
I find that flying on major airlines keeps me and my family safe. Any mention of "safety" and I keep well clear. Also have you noticed how many accidents occur in Indonesian airlines. Would make me wonder if there isn't an endemic wider problem and worse still lack of regulation.

Might be for small in country carriers, but I thought that EASA pretty much leveled the playing field when it comes to carriers flying to and from Europe.

Knowing who the regulator is helps me choose the best carrier based on my comfort and cost without worrying that the safety odds having gone tits up

Heathrow Harry
20th Nov 2013, 10:36
Garuda's record recently on international is pretty good - in Indonesia they are undoubtedly the safest airline (which is relative for sure) and a number of large companies won't allow their employees to travel on anyone else.