PDA

View Full Version : What's the point of complaining about deleted posts...

airship
19th Nov 2013, 16:02
...here on JB when the forum software is "so ultra-sophisticated" that these posts are invariable deleted before they appear, perhaps by use of keywords and/or profiling etc.

Presumably any remaining posts, new threads etc. left to be censored by a "real live mod" - I thought they'd all died off in the wake of Danny running the show here. Or at least have become so adulterated that they do not know which way is "up" anymore...?! :confused: :sad: :uhoh:

mikedreamer787
19th Nov 2013, 16:25
Mods please delete this thread so I can complain
about my post being deleted along with it.

Lightning Mate
19th Nov 2013, 16:26
What's the point of this post ?

The SSK
19th Nov 2013, 16:29
I think Airship may have a point

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/36/Harry_Nilsson_The_Point.jpg/220px-Harry_Nilsson_The_Point.jpg

mikedreamer787
19th Nov 2013, 16:33
Dunno LM... what is the point of your post?

Maybe to secularise the intuitive counterbalance
of the existential in a circumspectual context?

Or maybe everything is just plain bullshit.

SASless
19th Nov 2013, 16:39
I would think those who were deleted altogether would find it hard to complain about their posts being deleted.....which somehow seems quite fitting.:ok:

airship
19th Nov 2013, 17:15
SASless, touché :ok: (I think, but I've so already been deranged by quite important order cancellations "on the whim" of certain important and hitherto respected clients today, that I'm honestly on the precipice of saying to all and beyold here)..."with all due respect, airship doesn't give a **** anymore about what you expect/ed of him / the company, whether here in JB or elsewhere. Feel free to cancel, amend, delete whatever you like. I'll respond to emails sometime during the day tomorrow. Anyone important will also have my mobile no. - you can try calling again after 14H00 Wednesday CET instead of leaving a message asking me to call you back, if it's so important!) :zzz:

lomapaseo
19th Nov 2013, 20:15
This thread is just so precious !

Big Hammer
19th Nov 2013, 23:12
Hmmm, thread drift. I have an original copy on vinyl of The Point!

Cacophonix
19th Nov 2013, 23:18
Like dreaming about your first shag...

She doesn't remember you and you don't care!

Caco

Seldomfitforpurpose
19th Nov 2013, 23:39
Caution, a period on the naughty step usually follows this sort of dissent :ok:

crippen
20th Nov 2013, 03:58
I would like to complain that I have never had a post deleted,exe:=apt for one in the first week.

mikedreamer787
20th Nov 2013, 04:42
Like dreaming about your first shag...

She doesn't remember you and you don't care!

Can't say I dream about it anymore Cac but I do recall
every minute detail and pube.

She does remember me as being an excessively horny
little shit in school and yes I do care cos she married
a mate of mine (after a divorce) and still appreciates
me having introduced him to her. We still correspond
around anniversary time.

At 16 of course one's first woman is one's one and only
for a long time until the competition comes on the scene
with a better suburban paper route and subsequent more
money saved up for a car.

Sex is wasted on the young. It's a necessary thing in order
to avoid intersex sociability issues later in life, but a waste
IMO nonetheless. It'd be better spent on us codgers who
need a peppering up of the old peeper now and then with
someone under 25. Would keep us in better health too!

jolihokistix
20th Nov 2013, 05:36
What the man said.

"I thought I was impotent until another woman showed me otherwise".
(Famous quotes of Downside Grip)

The SSK
20th Nov 2013, 10:10
For Big Hammer

When you have an hour and ten minutes to spare.

The Point Oringinal 1971 version Dustin Hoffman Narration Full Movie! - YouTube

airship
20th Nov 2013, 19:25
So, one "complains" about deleted posts here in JB. And perhaps one also wanted some attention. From our "peers" in their ivory-towers wherever in the USA or back in good ole UK.

Yet "nothing" in response. And result = this thread being hijacked to discuss shagging (I've nothing against, yet feel some pain in the nether region.) :(

Matari
20th Nov 2013, 19:32
Airship, it does beg the question: at what point do we realize that the mods have all gone, bolted to t.w.i.t.t.e.r where they can have the same fun but without the agro of us lesser mortals?

Who is left down the oubliette that can free? Shall we try to storm the digital Bastille? Aux armes, airship!

lomapaseo
20th Nov 2013, 21:19
airship

So, one "complains" about deleted posts here in JB. And perhaps one also wanted some attention. From our "peers" in their ivory-towers wherever in the USA or back in good ole UK.

Yet "nothing" in response. And result = this thread being hijacked to discuss shagging (I've nothing against, yet feel some pain in the nether region.) http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/sowee.gif

It was necesary to hijack this thread lest it be deleted forthwith and somebody gets banned :E

I sense that the mods are enjoying the humor and ignoring the messenger

JB Mods
20th Nov 2013, 21:50
I sense that the mods are enjoying the humor and ignoring the messenger

:ok: :D

Neither of which is difficult to do! ;)

BenThere
20th Nov 2013, 21:56
Stiff upper lip, eh?

I've had a few mod run ins, though not lately.

I know they make a fortune babysitting the site, but I don't begrudge them a bit. To be a mod is to welcome criticism and deal with it.

To make it clear, the mods make this site, one of the joys of my life, possible. Thanks.

chuks
21st Nov 2013, 08:43
The original poster's posts, and even more some of his replies to the posts of others, make him a poster child for "the hard of thinking." Deletion is the kindest act, sometimes, and he should be properly grateful for that much attention.

I sort of miss the oubliette. Dushan had put up some nice curtains, and there was that little fridge with cans of Molson's next to the comfy chair... really, it was very nice down there.

airship
24th Nov 2013, 14:17
BenThere wrote: To make it clear, the mods make this site, one of the joys of my life, possible. Thanks.

Aha?! So what came first, the chicken or the egg...?! Without posts from the likes of airship (registered in 2003 with over 303 million posts in the database), a very tiny proportion of which might have sometimes required attention from a mod, there would be no need for any mods at all...?! So just thank me?! :p :uhoh: