PDA

View Full Version : A380 landing at truscott DX Wombat

The Green Goblin
18th Nov 2013, 01:08
Maybe this? post 4666
I don't have local times for either post so may well be wrong.
If somebody was ill then Perth sounds sensible as it has well equipped hospitals. I don't have the runway details for Broome or any of the other airports along that coast to hand apart from Truscott which has an enormously long runway but is situated right out in the bush miles from any facilities. From memory all the rest would require an onward flight courtesy of the RFDS. Remember, it is some time since I have been out there so all of this may have changed.

From the locked QF1 diversion thread.

I just had to crack up at the thought of an A380 landing on a 2000m runway with a tyre pressure limit 106psi and a runway width of similar dimensions to an A380 undercarriage, never mind the wings......

Are you sure you were not thinking of learmonth?

alidad
18th Nov 2013, 03:07
The 11 airmen that were killed in May 1944 in B24 crash there might find some company.....:ugh:

maggot
18th Nov 2013, 03:09
Taxiways and ancillary support generally limit which airports are for 380 use. And the companys money to check em out and wear the risk of a 380 ending up somewhere exotic
Ashkabat anyone? :}

Capt Claret
18th Nov 2013, 06:32
I wonder if Trusscot was inserted in lieu of Curtin?

Capt Fathom
18th Nov 2013, 10:06
What are you people smoking these days? :rolleyes:

chawks
5th May 2017, 05:20
Hi mate, just using this unpopular thread to get in contact with you.

I'm not sure how to pm you so this is the only way I know how to potentially contact you.

Cheers

uncle8
5th May 2017, 13:01
Chawks, Just click on his name and a box with options will appear. One of them is to send a pm.