PDA

View Full Version : Who advises PM Cameron?

aviate1138
17th Nov 2013, 08:35
The PM blames man made global warming for the typhoon damage in the Philippines. Is he using mental midgets to source the data? There is enough data to show the absolute opposite.

Most Intense Typhoons On The Decline | Real Science (http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/2013/11/15/most-intense-typhoons-on-the-decline/)

The so called Super Typhoon is actually around 21st most intense not 1st.......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_most_intense_tropical_cyclones#Western_North_Pac ific_Ocean

Wake up Cameron and stop all this Green Hysteria

500N
17th Nov 2013, 08:54
All part of the lefty do gooders agenda, sprout enough BS enough of the time and they think that enough people will believe it that it becomes fact.

Which is actually true up to a point.

Lon More
17th Nov 2013, 09:20
500N unlikely as Camerloon is of the right wing and as a mental midget himself is more comfortable when surrounded by mental midgets
Maybe listening to Coulson and the Harpie over diner again?

Nervous SLF
17th Nov 2013, 09:36
500N instead of lefty do-gooders substitute Portsmouth FC - they keep on talking a load of rubbish that they hope people will
eventually believe is the new truth :):):) They even managed to convince some fans to donate 1000.00 each for a "share" Only slight
snag is that this "share" isn't like any normal company share. :):):)

Don_Apron
17th Nov 2013, 09:50
What part do volcanic eruptions play in global warming, with all the pollutants spewed into the sky as a result?

fenland787
17th Nov 2013, 10:00
What part do volcanic eruptions play in global warming, with all the pollutants spewed into the sky as a result?Quite a lot - especially if you look back in time a tad - like about 90 million years or so:

Greenhouse Earth | Climate change | Discovering Geology | British Geological Survey (BGS) (http://www.bgs.ac.uk/discoveringGeology/climateChange/greenHouseEarth.html)

N707ZS
17th Nov 2013, 10:16
I hear he has five monkeys..!

UniFoxOs
17th Nov 2013, 10:20
Well that's an improvement - Blair had only 3

tony draper
17th Nov 2013, 11:05
Yup you just get the global warming fixed and this feckin happens.:uhoh:
BBC Nature - Snowball Earth videos, news and facts (http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/ancient_earth/Snowball_Earth)
The Earth will do what the Earth will do
She don't give a toss for me and you
:E

Loki
17th Nov 2013, 11:08
Don Apron

Interesting question.....it seems we just don't know how much volcanoes emit. I wouldn't call CO2 a pollutant though. Be nice to know what else is coming out of the buggers and how much.

Another known unknown ? volcanic outgassing of CO2 | Watts Up With That? (http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/11/16/another-known-unknown-volcanic-outgassing-of-co2/)

Don_Apron
17th Nov 2013, 11:53
If there really is global warming I have the solution

I few strategically placed and detonated unconventional weapons. The resulting dust from the desert would cool the planet and solve a few of the worlds problems. Win win. :}

Nemrytter
17th Nov 2013, 12:04
...There is enough data to show the absolute opposite...So you complain about the PM getting bad advice and then show that your advice comes from some blog.
I'm not really sure you could count that as any better.:E

radeng
17th Nov 2013, 12:41
I'm still of the opinion that solar activity is involved.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
17th Nov 2013, 12:46
The PM is an ex-PR man.
When it comes to top advice, he instinctively talks to himself.

aviate1138
17th Nov 2013, 13:23
Nemrytter said

"So you complain about the PM getting bad advice and then show that your advice comes from some blog."

OK Show me the sources that show an increase in Cyclones and Tornadoes and Hurricanes

and dangerous sea level rises and melting Poles and endangered Polar Bears.......

Anything from Al Gore and the IPCC and its railway engineer chief executive has to be ignored btw.

Lon More
17th Nov 2013, 14:15
he instinctively talks to himself

...and how can you tell he's lying or bullshiting?

His lips move.

radeng
17th Nov 2013, 14:35
aviate

I don't think he was a railway engineer. Railway manager maybe......

Loki
17th Nov 2013, 14:44
Radeng

His degree is in engineering....and had a railway engineering background/education.

His doctorate is in economics.

All in all the square root of not a lot of expertise in climatology.

Krystal n chips
17th Nov 2013, 17:30
Obviously, not the most intelligent occupant of 10 Downing Street it seems.

Cameron Family Deny Claims Larry The Downing Street Cat Is 'Unloved' (http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/09/28/larry-cat-cameron_n_4007484.html)

This is possibly because, being a Cat, WE are selective as to which humans can be of the most benefit to my existence......and the unending feline quest for world domination ( sleeping, eating, throwing up hairballs, sleeping, sleeping and more sleeping permitting that is. )

pineridge
18th Nov 2013, 18:50
The lady on Sky News this afternoon breathlessly reported that seven people had been killed by typhoons sweeping up the midwestern USA. I kid you not.

pigboat
18th Nov 2013, 20:06
What part do volcanic eruptions play in global warming, with all the pollutants spewed into the sky as a result?
Absolutely nothing, that stuff is all natural not man-made, therefore it can be ignored. ;)

tony draper
18th Nov 2013, 20:24
There were two great extinctions that killed off 90% of all life on this mudball caused by natural not man made events.:E

Nemrytter
19th Nov 2013, 00:24
OK Show me the sources that show an increase in Cyclones and Tornadoes and Hurricanes
and dangerous sea level rises and melting Poles and endangered Polar Bears.......What does this have to do with the fact you seem to think that some random blog is more trustworthy than the PM? At best they're equally untrustworthy.
Anything from Al Gore and the IPCC and its railway engineer chief executive has to be ignored btw.Aaah, the classic "show me some data, just as long as it's data I like" argument. Nice one.

(edit) Out of interest: Did anyone check the qualifications and background of the guy who wrote the blog article in the first post? It doesn't seem that he has any more authority to talk about the climate than a politician or a railway engineer, to be honest.:suspect:

Wyler
19th Nov 2013, 09:52
Back on thread...

I was lucky enough (?) to be in No10 a couple of years ago and actually met the man himself. Nice enough and we had a full tour of the place. Impressive as it is much bigger than you may think. However, everywhere you went were litte huddles of people discussing all sorts of things. We were told these were advisors etc . Looked like the common room at Eton (I imagine!!). All terribly posh, well dressed and stuffed full of their own self importance. Bubble is exactly the way I would describe it because it seemed totally disconnected from reality.
Saw George Osbourne on the way out. Shifty little t0sser did not make eye contact with anybody.
Flew back home and had a long hot shower.
So, who advises Mr Cameron? People exactly like him. Their purpose? Get power and hang onto it.
We are just the cash cows who are bled dry, and lied to, in order to keep the tumour that is Government full of blood so that it can grow even bigger.
Anyone who believes a posh schoolboy in an expensive suit can affect climate change by increasing taxes and building windmills should immediately be sacrificed by being thrown into an active volcano. Just my humble opinion of course.

aviate1138
19th Nov 2013, 12:01
Cameron, probably advised by ex Slough Grammar's Zak Goldsmith has grasped the Renewable nettle and is "Saving the Planet" by using 14th century wind power!

He is also I gather, throwing money away to help the Third World avoid massive sea level rises.

Uhhhhh!

Lon More
19th Nov 2013, 12:05
Man-made or natural, if it kills you you're dead.

Don_Apron
19th Nov 2013, 12:56
Wyler

Very well said indeed. LOL. ::D:D:D

doubleu-anker
19th Nov 2013, 17:37
All of you out there across the globe who have fought so hard to tackle the hideous enemy of our planet, namely carbon emissions, you know ....that bogus god you worship of "Climate Change" or "Global Warming" .....well, I feel it is necessary to inform you of some bad news. It really does pain me to have to bring you this disappointing information.

Are you sitting down?

Okay, here's the bombshell. The recent volcanic eruption that went on in Iceland, since its first spewing of volcanic ash has, in just FOUR DAYS, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet - all of you.

Of course you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to suppress - it's that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to live and grow and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans and all animal life.

I know, I know.... (group hug)...it's very disheartening to realise that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of: driving Prius hybrids, buying fabric grocery bags, sitting up till midnight to finish your kid's "The Green Revolution" science project, throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies, using only two squares of toilet paper, putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir, selling your SUV and speedboat, vacationing at home instead of Bali, nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle, replacing all of your $1 light bulbs with $10 light bulbs ...well, all of those things you have done have all gone down the tubes in just four days.

The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth's atmosphere in just four days - yes - FOUR DAYS ONLY by that volcano in Iceland, has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud any one time - EVERY DAY.

Oh, I don't really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when the volcano Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in its entire 40 MILLION YEARS on earth. Yes folks, Mt Pinatubo was active for over one year - think about it.

Of course I shouldn't spoil this touchy-feely tree-hugging moment and mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the well-recognised 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which keep happening, despite our completely insignificant efforts to affect climate change.

I'm so sorry. And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud but the fact of the matter is that the bush fire season across the western USA and Australia this year alone will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our world for the next two to three years. And it happens every year.

Just remember that your government just tried to impose a whopping carbon tax on you on the basis of the bogus "human-caused" climate change scenario.

Hey, isn't it interesting how they don't mention "Global Warming" any more, but just "Climate Change" - you know why? It's because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past century and these global warming bullshit artists got caught with their pants down.

And just keep in mind that if that same government is re-elected, you will have an Emissions Trading Scheme - that whopping new tax - imposed on you, that will achieve absolutely nothing except make you poorer. It won't stop any volcanoes from erupting, that's for sure.

Lon More
19th Nov 2013, 23:06
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y204/Badyin/consumption_zpse5dcadc5.jpg (http://s6.photobucket.com/user/Badyin/media/consumption_zpse5dcadc5.jpg.html)