PDA

View Full Version : KeePass. Anyone use it?

Loose rivets
16th Nov 2013, 19:01
My fading brain needs it. I see on the web its encryption claims make it a prime target for intellectual challenges. One guy has made a U-Tube of his progress and methods.

MG23
16th Nov 2013, 19:39
We've used it, but not sure whether we still do. It claims to use AES, so as long as it's implemented sensibly it should be fairly secure.

In our case it was primarily for storing VPN/login passwords securely on laptops, where it only had to be secure enough that we could change the passwords before someone could crack the database on a stolen machine.

Glamdring
20th Nov 2013, 17:36
I use it for pretty much all my passwords. I have over 100 stored in there for various websites, forums and for my various home network logins. All the passwords are generated by the program as 112-Bit, 20-Character randoms. I store the master file in a Dropbox shared folder so that it's accessible wherever I am.

ExSp33db1rd
21st Nov 2013, 07:23
I store the master file in a Dropbox shared folder so that it's accessible wherever I am.

..........and to whomever ??

I keep passwords, and other stuff to remember, on an encrypted USB stick, and never open it when the computer is connected to the Internet, and yes I guess I could lose it, but one has to at least try.

Cynic ? Moi ?

Glamdring
23rd Nov 2013, 18:01
..........and to whomever ??

Both my Dropbox account and my KeePass file are passworded

ExSp33db1rd
23rd Nov 2013, 20:14
Both my Dropbox account and my KeePass file are passworded

but where do you keep those passwords ?

I have a 20 page A.4 folder ! - but don't admit that to my credit card providers ! ( they're not watching, are they ? )