PDA

View Full Version : Barbara Cassani HATES Easyjet!!!!!!

Simon Lumley
10th May 2002, 10:19
According to both the Daily Mail and the Daily Telegrpah, Barbara Cassani will definitely quit the newly combined easyjet-Go airline if Easyjet ever bought Go.

Easyjet say that they have offered her a job if the deal goes through to have a "significant" role in the airline... but Cassani said that no one from Easyjet has ever approached her for a job there and neither does she want one anyway.

She has fallen out with her biggest shareholder of Go, 3i for wanting to sell off the airline quickly which she definitely does not want, to her biggest rival at Luton.

She would prefer if the arline was floated on the Stock Exchange so that the airline would grow like that.

niknak
10th May 2002, 11:10
Funny that, cos Ray Webber (CEO at Easy) stated that in the event of a takeover, the current Easyjet Directors would take on responsibility for the amalgamation of Go into Easyjet and no member of the Go board would be taken on.

Barbara holds nearly 4% of Go shares so there's little wonder she would prefer to see the company floated prior to any takeover.
In any event, Bab's would come out of the deal nearly £18 million better off in return for her stock and severance deal.

JB007
10th May 2002, 14:09
I think every member of GO staff in Enterprise House or anyone who's ever met her knows BC will not work for EZY...Barbara is incredibly passionate towards her airline...

Just quit, buy the rights to the GO name and start again...easy really! (no pun intended!):D

Landing_24R
12th May 2002, 14:57
I understand her point of view completely... Go is her 'baby' after all, and imagine having to give up everything you have worked for and towards over the years to one of your biggest rivals. This is perhaps compounded by the incredible success Go have enjoyed.. the future really did look bright for them, and no doubt Ms. Cassani was looking forward to many more years of Go expansion and profitability. She is probably very much attatched to the Go brand and team, and if I were her I wouldn't want to work for Easyjet either.

What a shame if the merger goes ahead and we lose the Go brand forever. People seem to think there is no room for sentiment in this business today, but I for one will be sorry to see Go go (for want of a better phrase)

Landing 24R

:(

PETE LASHMAR
13th May 2002, 14:25
For the past four years everyone involved with Go has evolved with it. The Director and Senior Management team have worked alongside Flight Deck, Cabin Crew, Sales Centre and Office people to create a unique airline.
We are all very proud of Go, it's people and it's repuation - it is OUR company and to be taken away in this way is very sad.
Barbara instills a fantastic sense of belonging in everyone and seeing that vanish will be hard for all of us.
Yes the biggest low cost airline will be created...but with what integrity?:(

no sig
13th May 2002, 16:45
Pete

Same here at EZY! I think you will find that the orange bunch can well appreciate your feelings, indeed a good number of us have been through the same thing in other lives. easyJet, although different in many ways, has alot going for it and I have no doubt the combined strenght of EZY/Go will be an airline that we can both be proud of. It will soon become obvious that the combined airline will be what it is 'because' of the merger with Go. Both EZY/Go staff will be able to take pride that the new airline would not have occurred without the other. Of course it is likely the name will disappear, but had the shoe been on the other foot I think I could live with that. And let's face it, its is part of our industry.

If and when it happens, be assured that the best of both will be part of the new operation.

PETE LASHMAR
14th May 2002, 07:41
NO SIG

I am sure you're right. It's a difficult time for everyone, pondering their futures and thinking ahead.
Time does heal though and maybe once everyone has had a chance to listen to what's going on and how the future is being mapped out feelings will ease.
To make it work though of course we need to work together and I am sure we can make this work - and work very well, we've just got to work together.
Let's hope, whatever we're called, we're the best at what we do -low cost travel, high customer service,:)

Red Snake
15th May 2002, 15:08
...but for £16M, I'm sure she'll get over it.

FlapsOne
15th May 2002, 17:46
PETE LASHMAR

We're a good bunch at EZ. I've heard, and believe, you're a good bunch at GO. If this does go ahead I look forward to working/flying with you guys and I'm sure we'll make a formidable team.

PS: I couldn't care less what we are called as long as I don't have to use 'BABY' on the R/T.

PETE LASHMAR
16th May 2002, 06:08
I couldn't agree with you more...here's to the future!!!

Red Snake
16th May 2002, 08:07
Well, it's a done deal now...Easyjet agrees deal to buy Go

The low-cost airline, Easyjet, has announced that it's buying its rival Go for £374m.
The chairman of Easyjet, Stelios Haji-Ioannou, said: "This is one of the most exciting developments in Easyjet's history.

The airline announced earlier this month that it was in talks with its rival about a possible takeover.

The chief executive of Go, Barbara Cassani, had made it clear she was not happy with the proposed deal.

But in a statement she said the acquisition was a tremendous compliment to everyone at Go.

More soon