PDA

View Full Version : HKG roadshow

Jimmy Oneil
14th Nov 2013, 10:47
I heard that Turkish Airlines is recruiting pilots in Hong Kong, they have some sort of road show that is taking place in January. Im planning on attending as its close to my base,l am looking for a new change in Europe. Is anyone else participating, want to ensure that it is taking place and not just a rumor.

Killaroo
14th Nov 2013, 16:14
There's a thread about Turkish running on the Middle East forum.
According to one of the latest posts they've stopped recruiting DEC's and all future Commands will be upgrades. Check it out.
Not sure if there's any future there for non national F/O'S either.
So what the hell would they come to HKG for?

Maybe they figure all those J* guys will have given up by then....

GF4RCE
16th Nov 2013, 11:25
Killaroo
According to one of the latest posts they've stopped recruiting DEC's and all future Commands will be upgrades. Check it out.

Well considering THY just about to finialise a procurement of an additional 30 aircraft ( mostly widbodies), DEC and FO recruitment will continue for the foreseeable future...
at present they are still and will continue to hire expat DEC's and FO's

As for the Upgrade to command for expat FO's, the only hurdle is to get the equivalency from Y.O.K (government institution) BUT Form what i hear even the equivalency requirement is about to be removed but a 4 degree will mandatory.

The current procedures within THY does not segregate EX-Pat's from nationals.... so change will eventually happen....
They simply cant fill the demand so change is mandatory...
here is the link for the Hong Kong raod show (http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-hk/corporate/news/news/turkish-airlines-recruiting-experienced-captains-and-first-officers)
:)