PDA

View Full Version : BACE MAN-JFK

HOVIS
10th May 2002, 08:12
I have heard a rumour that BA CitiExpress are taking over the BAR MAN-JFK route.

Can any one confirm or deny?

Hand Solo
10th May 2002, 13:19
I needed a laugh today Hovis, thanks! Thats a pretty far-fetched one even in the current climate. It would still have to be the BA 767 operating it and the BACE crews aren't 767 trained, nor I doubt would BASSA permit them to be.

snooky
10th May 2002, 18:24
I remember thinking someone must be joking when they announced that BAR would operate the route several years ago, and that the unions would never agree.

The BAR pilot base was most unsuccessful and lost a fortune compared to operating it with main line crews, largely due to the inflexibility of such a small group on their own terms and conditions.

This is such a daft idea that it may well happen.

Human Factor
12th May 2002, 22:13
Aren't they trying to stitch up the BHX and MAN crews with a BACE contract? If so, this is probably where the rumour started. If it isn't going to happen and the JFK is to continue ex MAN, then the alternative would be that cabin crew would have to come from mainline at LHR.

Why did they have to screw the regions up?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

ChrisMAN
15th May 2002, 10:30
The 767 has been put onto the BACE AOC.

Working for CitiExpress we would welcome the chance to work on an aircraft like that but all the BAR crew do is moan that they are going onto the 146 whilst ex-BRAL girls are being pushed onto the 145 and ATP.

Why can't wee all work as one company rather than bitching and being snotty about what type of aircraft you work on. At the end of the day we all do the same job.