PDA

View Full Version : AIR INDIA

pilot.india
13th Nov 2013, 10:24
I am a CPL holder and it seems like a very very distant dream to fly as a pilot for our national airline.
So many pilots unemployed and i am sure if u ask them who do u want to fly for i am sure most of them will say Air India.
If anyone throw some light on whats going on with pilot recruitment at Air India.

If i am not mistaken, the last air india recruitment for pilots holding just a CPL license was done in 2009 and that too had got into lot of news for scam in recruiting. I remember they had taken about 40 pilots that time, not sure when their joining was but it was definitely not in 2009 itself.

After that i think Air India hired pilots with either type rating or from IGRUA.

What about other pilots. Its been like more than 4 years now air india had come up with a vacancy for CPL holders. How long should one expect to wait for it, not everyone can afford a type rating and not everyone is from IGRUA.

I heard Air India Express conducting an exam on 23rd November for type rated pilots for which the advertisement was posted in June 2012. So June 2012 vacancy, Nov 2013 exam who knows when wud they even join.
So is the case with Jet airways , Febuary 2011 was the written test and now its nov 2013 still people who cleared that written test left with either sim test or medicals. Indigo giving LOI, not hire them for at least a year or more.

Whats really happening, is very disappointing to see. So much time for conducting the recruitment process.
Anyways, they have their reasons i am sure.

I really want to fly for air india but i really don't see much hopes. even if they come up with a vacancy there are so many with contacts and jugaad who would want to get in.

So, is type rating the only option if i want to get hired by our national airline.

Anyone with any information regarding future recruitment at Air India.
I am sure with the 787s adding to the fleets, they will be shuffling lot of FO's around from IC and AIX. Can we expect a vacancy for FO's in near future.
I really really want to fly for this airline.
Thanks

tolip111111
13th Nov 2013, 15:13
Is this exam going to be just technical B737 or you can expect general nav,met,regs etc. Also if someone has been through the process at AI Express can provide some info.

sweetnothing
16th Nov 2013, 15:55
yes AI did induct CPL holders but they are from IGRUA. There were 40 students in that scam batch, who were stuck in a court case for two years. It was because they conducted interview for them and then written test as a mere code of the airline. (Jugaad )
This batch joined AI in Dec'12 when AI had already taken 40 external students for their type rating course.
AI just played a game by inducting those 40people for type rating but have no jobs for them. They also charged heftily for that. Now according to the latest news, that igrua batch is released for their LoFt etc.
Now, what I mean to say is, that they played a money making game by calling people for type rating and still haven't given them a job.
So, if people with TR, that is after spending double the amount are also sitting home, then people like us shouldn't put up any hopes!!
Instead we should all gather and file an RTI so as to know what is their procedure for intake!