PDA

View Full Version : He wasn't there.

G-CPTN
12th Nov 2013, 23:01
a relative of Mr Haqqani told BBC his body had been spirited from Islamabad to the town of Miranshah in North Waziristan - roughly six hours drive across two provinces and one federal tribal territory, all dotted with heavily-manned military and police checkpoints.BBC News - Nasiruddin Haqqani: Who shot the militant at the bakery? (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-24917809)

BBC News - Nasiruddin Haqqani: Senior militant shot dead in Pakistan (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-24898804)

airship
15th Nov 2013, 18:03
My favourite Indian naan is the Keema naan, a traditinal naan with the addition of spicy minced meat added when the naan is cooked in the Tandoor oven. I don't care anymore about who is assasinated illegally. I just want to be able to eat a few Keema naan every few weeks... :ok: :uhoh:

500N
15th Nov 2013, 18:07
Airship

Re
"I don't care anymore about who is assasinated illegally."

When can you assasinate someone legally ?

cavortingcheetah
15th Nov 2013, 19:36
Pretty much in the same manner as genocide is referred to as ethnic cleansing.

con-pilot
15th Nov 2013, 20:11

If you listen to the propaganda spewing forth from the White House and Obama supporters, Obama did when he assassinated US citizens without due process using the US Militarty.

500N
15th Nov 2013, 20:14
I thought that

1. That was legal

2. He used CIA assets not US Military assets ?

I am happy to be corrected on both of those.

Gertrude the Wombat
15th Nov 2013, 22:30
The Americans do it all the time. It seems to be legal if you use a drone.

Dushan
15th Nov 2013, 22:45
Looks like RGB was coming after me, because of the snow.

Military drone crashes into Lake Ontario - World - CBC News (http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/military-drone-crashes-into-lake-ontario-1.2424330)

con-pilot
15th Nov 2013, 22:55
I thought that

1. That was legal

2. He used CIA assets not US Military assets ?

1. No, not under the Constitution. All American citizens are guaranteed due process under the Constitution. That being the assumption of innocence untill proven gulity in a court of law, with legal representation and judged by a jury of peers. Also they must have the opportunity face their accusers.

The American citizens Obama ordered killed/assassinated were not allowed any of those Constitutional Rights. Obama decided they were guilty and had them killed. Kind of like some dictators of today and rulers of the past.

2. No, it was by US Military owned and operated drones.

con-pilot
15th Nov 2013, 22:57
Gerty

The Americans do it all the time. It seems to be legal if you use a drone.

Careful now, you're talking about a Nobel Peace Prize winner.

Still think he deserved the award?

angels
15th Nov 2013, 23:04
What would happen if a drone was used to kill/murder an alleged murderer in the States? What would happen if a few civvies were killed?

Civvie deaths have been accepted as regrettable collateral damage in Yemen, Afghanistan, Pakistan etc. Would it in the States?

Why do police in the States not just shoot suspected murders and the like? If a few low lifes and civvies abroad are dispensed 'justice' by death from above, why not U.S. murderers?

These are genuine questions.

er340790
15th Nov 2013, 23:05
Innocent until found dead.

indiscipline_girl
15th Nov 2013, 23:17
That would be the drone program that GWB launched, rather enthusiastically embraced and expanded by BHO.

Blacksheep
15th Nov 2013, 23:56
People who have declared war on your country and/or their leadership who encourage others to commit acts of war on your country or citizens are definable as Enemy Combatants and that is regardless of their citizenship.

Enemy combatants are subject to military action and can be legally killed, or wounded in military action at any time or held as prisoners until such time as a surrender is negotiated with their leadership.

Incidentally, although prisoners taken in action can be moved around and interrogated to establish their status, they cannot be put on trial, convicted and punished. They must be held in confinement until the surrender has formally taken place.

G-CPTN
16th Nov 2013, 00:08
Enemy combatants are subject to military action and can be legally killed, or wounded in military action at any time or held as prisoners.
But once wounded and held as prisoners they cannot be killed as that would be considered to be murder . . .

onetrack
16th Nov 2013, 00:27
I'd be quite happy to see one Nobel Peace prize awarded, each time, for every explosive drone dropped on any Islamic radicals family picnic group. :suspect:

500N
16th Nov 2013, 00:48
Angels

Waco would be on example would it not ?

John Hill
16th Nov 2013, 02:48
Blacksheep wrote:-
People who have declared war on your country and/or their leadership who encourage others to commit acts of war on your country or citizens are definable as Enemy Combatants and that is regardless of their citizenship.

By which laws is this so?

John Hill
16th Nov 2013, 02:53
Angels wrote:-
What would happen if a drone was used to kill/murder an alleged murderer in the States? What would happen if a few civvies were killed?

Civvie deaths have been accepted as regrettable collateral damage in Yemen, Afghanistan, Pakistan etc. Would it in the States?

Why do police in the States not just shoot suspected murders and the like? If a few low lifes and civvies abroad are dispensed 'justice' by death from above, why not U.S. murderers?

These are genuine questions.

America and Americans are a special case as defined by the doctrine of American Exceptionalism. America was founded by people who quoted the inalienable rights given by God to all men of 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness', by 'all men' they meant all Americans and hence Americans are not bound to recognise the rights of others to life, liberty or the pursuit of happiness. It follows then that Americans may act as judge jury and executioner of anyone, anywhere provided the victims are not American.

BenThere
16th Nov 2013, 03:14
No, meant all men, John Hill. Get a grip.

John Hill
16th Nov 2013, 04:06
No, not all men and not everywhere.

In fact Americans feel themselves less constrained by laws when outside America (example raison d'Ítre GITMO) and sentences imposed by American courts for serious crimes committed outside America (such as murder) may be slight when the victim is not an American (examples include taxi driver Dilawar).

Dushan
16th Nov 2013, 07:18
America and Americans are a special case as defined by the doctrine of American Exceptionalism. America was founded by people who quoted the inalienable rights given by God to all men of 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness', by 'all men' they meant all Americans and hence Americans are not bound to recognise the rights of others to life, liberty or the pursuit of happiness. It follows then that Americans may act as judge jury and executioner of anyone, anywhere provided the victims are not American.

Then how do you explain Obama whacking Americans with drones? Oh, I forgot, to him The Constitution is only an advisory.

John Hill
16th Nov 2013, 08:55
More to the point you should be asking why there is such a fuss about Americans getting 'whacked' with drones but not Pakistanis?