PDA

View Full Version : CLARC hits a new red-tape low

Horatio Leafblower
12th Nov 2013, 01:54
I just wanted to share :suspect:

I sent the transfer of registration forms for a couple of aircraft to CLARC 2 weeks ago. Today I got a rejection letter.

The reason: I didn't put the ARN of the new owner (a company) on the form. This company has had no previous dealings with CASA. I have not seen the ARN. And besides, ARNs are handled by CLARC, right?

Well, no.

The instructions in the rejection letter told me I had to contact CLARC to get the ARN, and then re-submit the forms again... to CLARC.

WHAT KIND OF INCOMPETENT MORONS DO WE EMPLOY IN THIS COUNTRY??? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It is no wonder the whole Nation is turning to **** :=

5-in-50
12th Nov 2013, 02:33
What ever happened to good old fashioned ownership of an issue to go one step beyond the minimum in the name of professionalism and service?

A simple internal phonecall would have made this a 5 minute issue instead of a 2 week one.

It seems much more common nowadays to simply say "not my job" and pass the buck.

Frank Arouet
12th Nov 2013, 02:49
Insurance Company's are the same.

At point of sale: We're here to help you.

At point of claim: How can we make ourselves unhelpful to this idiot.

Both have a monopoly once they have you by the nuts.

VH-XXX
12th Nov 2013, 02:49
Letters and the postal system leave a paper trail. Phone calls don't. It's the red tape that they live by as do many large companies out there. If you break the paper trail and substitute it with phone calls they will end up like the RA-Aus and their registration debarkle which is going to take over a year to sort out with literally hundreds of aircraft being grounded as they slowly catch up.

Horatio Leafblower
12th Nov 2013, 02:58
XXX,

Can you honestly expect me to believe that Person 1 in CLARC cannot either:

1/. Look it up on their own computer, or;
2/. send an e-mail to person 2 in CLARC who CAN look it up; or
3/. lean over the partition to Person 2 and f:mad:kn' ASK?

VH-XXX
12th Nov 2013, 03:16
XXX,

Can you honestly expect me to believe that Person 1 in CLARC
cannot either:

2/. send an
e-mail to person 2 in CLARC who CAN look it up; or
3/. lean over the
partition to Person 2 and fhttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/censored.giffn'
ASK?

Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

Where I work, it is often near impossible to get two people to talk to each other that have a 2 metre line of sight view to the person that they are supposed to talk to.

There's a fair chance that person 1 is working from home in another state and probably doesn't even know anyone in the office (seriously). The day people start using their common sense is the day I will be unemployed, however that has dire consequences and I often find myself telling people to stop using their initiative.

Wally Mk2
12th Nov 2013, 04:17
My God how sad has this work ethic gotten :-(

It all started when discipline was banned at schools, this backward step is now filtering thru with the words that have already been mentioned here.......................it ain't my job!:ugh:.......& they say that full knowing they are protected in every sense of the word from you can't call me names to nobody takes responsibility for anything or anyone anymore:ugh:

I've said it b4 we need another Ice age & soon!

Wmk2

le Pingouin
12th Nov 2013, 06:17
Can you honestly expect me to believe that Person 1 in CLARC cannot either:

2/. send an e-mail to person 2 in CLARC who CAN look it up; or
3/. lean over the partition to Person 2 and f:mad:kn' ASK?And who would complain bitterly when they did you a favour and inadvertently used the wrong details? Imagine if they didn't actually have an ARN and the wrong details were used? The lawyers would have a field day.

Horatio Leafblower
12th Nov 2013, 08:43
If I pay for a service I would like to receive service.

Are you suggesting that the business name, postal address, ABN, phone numbers and fax numbers are insufficient detail to determine you are applying the correct ARN?

:hmm:

Dash8capt
12th Nov 2013, 09:01
Same happened to me in the last couple of weeks. ARN was one digit out however all the details were there for them to see the correct ARN as I had to ask them what the ARN was to be able to complete the form to send back to the same person:ugh:

le Pingouin
12th Nov 2013, 09:37
Horatio, it's all about backside covering. If they do the nice thing and correct the form then Hubert Farnsworth-Smithe SC can have a field day in court. Maybe they could do it better and contact you by phone/e-mail to tell you there's a problem and you need to submit a new form with the correct details.

In the end it's a legal document and as you're the applicant you need to supply the details. Would you accept anything different in a contract or a mortgage document?

Jack Ranga
12th Nov 2013, 10:48
HL, I could give you a run-down on an application I've got before the building commission in Victoria that makes CASA look like competent, common sense individuals.

Either way, this country is now a pathetic joke, mired in red tape & regulation. If it keeps up it will be impossible to do business internally let alone with the rest of the world. And politicians scratch their heads and wonder why Ford, Holden etc, etc are shutting shop & leaving the joint. Australia may be a high wage country but it won't be long before it's a no wage country :D

training wheels
12th Nov 2013, 11:23
When CASA went from having the credit card license to the booklet style (ICAO compliant??) license, my middle name was somehow miss-spelt on the new style license. Their mistake clearly with data entry, but for them to change it back to how I had it originally required providing them with a statutory declaration, plus certified copies of my driver's license, passport and birth certificate. A lot of stuffing around when they could have easily referred to past records of my SPL, PPL, CPL and all the ground theory exams I conducted over the years. :rolleyes:

Frank Arouet
12th Nov 2013, 20:37
TW, it would be easier to change your name.

Hailstop3
13th Nov 2013, 03:08
That department is just wrapped in red tape and manned by clowns adhering to stupid guidelines. Tried to get a licence reprint and left the expiry date of my credit card off the application. I was then told to resubmit. I then emailed an called and gave it to them, upon they said I had to completely resubmit again no matter what. Absolute joke.

On a side note, I just updated my FAA licence details (new address) and had the new plastic licence sent to my door, all done via an online portal, no stupid paper forms, and all for the measly cost of $2 US. How the hell can CASA charge $25 for paper mailed within Australia!!!!!! Knobs!

Avgas172
13th Nov 2013, 03:13
They will probably outsource it to Mumbai soon ....:suspect:

NOSIGN
15th Nov 2013, 21:56
I requested and paid for a licence reprint ($25) four plus weeks ago and still have not received a copy in the mail. Sheer lunacy!

Ollie Onion
15th Nov 2013, 23:10
I went to my medical and have changed address. I put my new address on my medical forms and paid my fee. I know it says that the medical form can't update your address details so I sent an email to CLARC to change my address with them. Two weeks later I get a LETTER sent to my new address saying that my although this address seemed to be my current one due to the updated medical forms they had printed and dispatched my medical to my old address as 'email' souldn'tbe used for an address update and I should use my self service portal.

So in the end I had to ring, I asked why they didn't just ring me to tell me this
or at least hold onto my medical cert until they informed me about not being able to email an address change! 'Just following procedures' was the reply, so they had to print another medical and post it out to my new address. I know it is minor but what a waste of resources this is when they ended up sending three letters when only one was required.:ugh:

Frank Arouet
16th Nov 2013, 00:03
ACTUAL PASSPORT LETTER:
This, apparently, is an actual letter received by the UK Passport Office.
Dear Sirs,
I'm in the process of renewing my passport, and still cannot believe how is it that Sky Television has my address and telephone number and knows that I bought a bleeding satellite dish from them back in 1988, and yet, the Government is still asking me where I was bloody born and on what date.
Do you guys do this by hand?
My birth date you have on my pension book.
It's on all the income tax forms I've filed for the past 30 years.
It is on my National Health card.
My driving licence.
My car insurance.
On the last eight damn passports I've had.
It's on all those stupid customs declaration forms I've had to fill out before being allowed off the plane over the last 30 years.
All those insufferable census forms.
Would somebody please take note, once and for all, that my mother's name is Mary Anne, my father's name is Robert and I'd be absolutely astounded if that WOULD ever change between now and when I die!!
I apologise, I'm really pissed off this morning. Between you an' me, I've had enough of this bull****!
You send the application to my house, then you ask me for my bleeding address!!
What is going on? Do you have a gang of neanderthal arseholes workin' there?
Look at my damn picture.
Do I look like Bin Laden?
I don't want to dig up Yasser Arafat, for **** sakes. I just want to go and park my arse on some sandy beach somewhere.
And would someone please tell me, why would you give a **** whether I plan on visiting a farm in the next 15 days?
If I ever got the urge to do something wierd to a chicken or a goat, believe you me, you'd be the last ******* people I'd want to tell!
Well, I have to go now,'cause I have to go to the other end of the poxy city to get another ******* copy of my birth certificate, to the tune of £30.
Would it be so complicated to have all the services in the same spot to assist in the issuance of a new passport the same day?
Nooooooooooooo, that'd be too damn easy and maybe make sense.
You'd rather have us running all over the ****in' place like chickens with our heads cut off, then WE have to find some arsehole to confirm that it's really me on the damn picture - you know, the one where we're not allowed to smile?! (bureaucratic ****in' morons)
Hey, do you know why we couldn't smile if we wanted to? Because we're totally pissed off!
Signed
An Irate Citizen
P.S. Remember what I said above about the picture and getting someone to confirm that it's me?
Well, my family has been in this country since 1776 ...
I have served in the military for something over 30 years and have had full security clearances over 25 of those years enabling me to undertake highly secretive missions all over the world.
However, I have to get someone 'important' to verify who I am - you know, someone like my doctor ..
WHO WAS BORN AND RAISED IN FRIGGIN` PAKISTAN!

T28D
16th Nov 2013, 06:15
They will probably outsource it to Mumbai soon

Lets hope they do, Mumbai would be more efficient !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOSIGN
16th Nov 2013, 06:37
Training wheels - for what it's worth, CASA mis-printed my middle name 15 years ago. The error remains today and unfortunately will probably stay that way forever!

Dear Casa, to put an end to it once and for all... My middle name is "BIN" not "Bing"! :}

FFS

Sunfish
17th Nov 2013, 04:12
My dear, beloved Horatio, for once you are completely barking up the wrong tree over a total misunderstanding of the rules of bureaucracy.

You are just plain wrong.

the oldest form of bureaucratic corruption, that is totally prohibited, and has been for hundreds of years is "filling in forms" on behalf of applicants in Western jurisdictions. the clerk concerned is duty bound and has every right to make you change the details and resubmit.

I first ran across this entering Germany many years ago and having to declare a Persian carpet I had bought en route. the form was in German, would the customs man help me? Nien! Ist verboten! I was as angry as you are.

Back pedal a hundred years or more and it was common for officials to complete forms for virtually illiterate applicants in return for a "present". Of course what was actually written was "adjustable" too, in consideration of a further "present". I guess this still goes on in much of the world today.

Of course in Australia, you might get something changed, but you have no right to demand it and if anything is wrong with the resulting paperwork and you complain, the clerk is the one who gets it in the neck.

To put that another way, how would you like it if all your paperwork was discovered to contain "errors", but you knew for a fact that your competitors identical documentation always sailed straight through?

Cop it sweet and fix it yourself.

pilotchute
17th Nov 2013, 04:51
I don't mind re submitting forms if I have made a mistake. What does get me going is when they take 6 weeks to tell me I made a mistake and can I fix the mistake please?

I had to chase that useless ASIC issuing company for weeks to find out why my ASIC renewal hadn't been processed. It went from being "a week or so away" to "we don't know why its taking so long" and eventually "we don't know where it is now". I eventually got a letter by good old snail mail with the document that needed fixing.

Dexta
18th Nov 2013, 03:09
You have to love the bureaucratic single-mindedness where (after having it for two weeks) they check your form, upon reaching the first mistake they bundle it up and send it back. You fix that mistake thinking there was only one and send it back to them. After two weeks on the desk, they open it up and check the form, upon reaching the first mistake they bundle it up and send it back. Repeat until form passes!

bankrunner
18th Nov 2013, 03:26
I don't mind re submitting forms if I have made a mistake. What does get me going is when they take 6 weeks to tell me I made a mistake and can I fix the mistake please?

Even Centrelink and the various other notoriously horrible to deal with agencies under the federal government's Human "Services" don't do this.

I had a case with one of those agencies the other week where about 5 days after mailing in a form, they rang me and told me that I'd missed some information. They told me what was missing, and gave me a fax number where I could send a corrected copy of the form. All sorted out in 15 minutes :ok:

No reason at all that CASA couldn't do it the same way.

Clare Prop
18th Nov 2013, 05:16
Good grief. When I was silly enough to ring CLARC once to ask for a student's ARN I was told very snootily that it was against some privacy thing and they couldn't tell me.

The regional offices could turn around a Certificate of Validation in 24 hours but I've heard cases of CLARC taking nine months to do the exact same thing.

Of course centralising everything in Can'tberra was bound to make it more efficient wasn't it.

aroa
18th Nov 2013, 21:22
...with CLARC or whatever they used to call themselves.:mad:

FOI goes out the door after an Ops Inspection for an application for CHTR addition on the AWK AOC with the final promise that the approval to get started will be faxed back within 48 hours.
Ha bloody ha !
SEVEN months later, after much chasing around with phone calls to BNE, its finally 're-discovered' and sent.

By this time of course the aircraft that was originally available is long gone because of no use ...and the work initially available no longer existed.

Any business just cannot continue in this sort of environment.
I did check on the file much later when in BNE and found that the delays included 2/two periods where it sat on some noddies desk for 6 weeks while they were on leave.
So there you have it .....bureaucratic sloth rules, ok
And GA suffers accordingly.:mad::mad::mad:

VH-XXX
18th Nov 2013, 22:25
I have a mate that is around 60 years of age and he has been ticking the checkbox for Aboriginal / Torres Strait Islander on every form he can for as long as he can remember so that one say somewhere some public servant changes some flag in the computer and officially he becomes Aboriginal and gets the associated benefits to go with that. No luck so far though. By gosh that was a long sentence.

megle2
19th Nov 2013, 08:05
I didn't realise how little known Casa is in Canberra
3 weeks ago I sent off some snail mail to Casa
Yesterday it was back in my letterbox "return to sender"
In error I used an incorrect box number, close but not close enough obviously
You would think Aus Post could of figured it out