PDA

View Full Version : China - Helicopter Instructors? (Senior & Chief Flying)

Paul-Strongfield
11th Nov 2013, 16:29
Hi All,
apologies if this first post is in the wrong place, but I wanted to pick some brains about thoughts on monthly salary requirements for western instructors to be posted in China?

I have experience on engineering side in china and good net incomes but have less experience on what level of monthly salary would entice some good instructors for couple years to china. (accommodation in addition)

cheers!

Paul

Thomas coupling
11th Nov 2013, 20:02
Paul,

I'll give you food for thought until someone closer to the coal face responds:

Assuming:

NOT married accompanied.
NOT military advisers.
Working for a British company.
Working under a western AOC.
Short contract preventing a tax free salary.
Basic salary (GBP) only.
No IFR required.

I would assume and expect a civilian Flight Instructor for a small Chinese company to be earning £35,000 minimum and £50,000 maximum. In addition, expenses, accom, holidays, cost of 'x' trips home per year.
A C.I. to earn between £50-£75,000.

For consideration.

thechopper
11th Nov 2013, 21:47
Instruction on what?
SIM?
A/C?
Basic Type?
Advanced?
VFR?
IFR?
Permanent?
Equal Time?
Where?
+
+
+
+
+
Paul, you got to be more specific.:confused:

thechopper
11th Nov 2013, 21:51
T C
don't you think 35 to 50 grand monthly a bit steep?:=

coolhand110
14th Nov 2013, 03:53
Likely you would be looking at $130-150,000 US per year with a 6 and 6 rotation. This would also have to include housing, benefits, travel and local tax paid. But you also get what you pay for.

P2bleed
14th Nov 2013, 12:03
Depends which end of the market you are going. At the offshore IFR end you would be $150 to 200,000 but around 6 on 2 off.

Fareastdriver
14th Nov 2013, 14:05
You will also have to pay him for a few months whilst he goes through the Chinese Magic Roundabout getting his medical, CAAC approval, examinations, (including an English proficiency test) and licence.

allwornout
8th Dec 2013, 04:43
What city are you looking at and what start up date? Pilots in China would not need a rotation. This is not Nigeria or Afghanistan. I suggest the same salary as an instructor would make in North America. The only difference is the tax here is 5-10%. Free accommodation. What's the problem? If you think you can't get anyone to stay for a year, pm me, and I'll fill the roster for you.

Fareastdriver
8th Dec 2013, 10:19
A note of caution.

I had a fantastic time during my fifteen years in China, other didn't.

http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/342373-warning-about-beijing-panam.html

http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/283450-beijing-panam-disrespect-humiliation-instructors.html

Things will be better now but if you accept a US instructors pay in the same way as these people did it will all end in tears.
Double it and you might get somewhere.