PDA

View Full Version : Boeing 777 vacancies, bases JFK IST AUH and BOM

NG_Kaptain
10th Nov 2013, 22:42
Jet Airways is advertising for T7 captains, anybody have any info above and beyond what is mentioned in the ad?

B777 Captains - JFK, IST, AUH, BOM bases with Flight Crew International (FCI) | 1401375619 (http://jobs.flightglobal.com/job/1401375619/b777-captains-jfk-ist-auh-bom-bases-/?TrackID=110#sc=rss&me=feed&cm=general)

Masagemarad
10th Nov 2013, 23:20
Don't waste your time with Jet Airways all these head hunters are recruiting for them and its pathetic. I just came back from the interview and turned the offer down. They expect you to get your own visa for the interview plan on spending three hundred euros for that no reimbursement either, second no reimbursement to get to one of there gateways. And the ticket they give you is bottom of the barrel coach ticket in the back of the plane last row next to the lav they sat two of us that went for the interview.
Lastly the icing on the cake of bonuses recurrent training paid for by the airline is all BS they wanted us to pay for our B777 recurrent training, airfare, hotels etc than only than would they reimburse after the line check about three months down the road.
Jet is not set up to do recurrent training as they don't have the designated examiners to do it, so they expect you to got to a TRTO of your choice
I spent about fourteen hundred euros between the visa and airfare to go to Mumbai, so if you got the spare change to do it than knock yourself out and drink some cool aid and do it bro.

777AV8R
11th Nov 2013, 01:30
Yup...been there, done that!
You're the lucky one not to take the job. It will only get worse.

There ARE other better choices out there.

NG_Kaptain
11th Nov 2013, 03:41
The terms just seemed too good to be true. I thought perhaps with their "unmentionable UAE airline" connection they might be a bit more responsible.
Am on the T7 and I'm not looking for a job as the one I have is very secure but it would be nice to have a good commuting contract.

fullforward
11th Nov 2013, 03:56
I know 3 friends that have been reimbursed the visa and training expenses just a couple of weeks after joining!
Jet have numerous problems, this contract is far from perfect but they honored their word to the line.
It looks like you have an agenda, maybe was rejected on the screening.
What you're saying is simply not true!

NG_Kaptain
11th Nov 2013, 04:38
I know 3 friends that have been reimbursed the visa and training expenses just a couple of weeks after joining!
Jet have numerous problems, this contract is far from perfect but they honored their word to the line.
Why should you have to reimbursed for those expenses? My current employer covered all those expenses up front.
My only interest in this is a US base, if the time off is inadequate then there is no sense even trying. One wonders if they will improve the package if they cannot fill the seats, especially since a number of the local 737 pilots are moving over to their partner airline in AUH and are being trained on to the 777.

fullforward
11th Nov 2013, 09:47
I don't know about any single employer that pay you the type rating ( at least make you current again) and hire you straight on the left seat without charging you a bond.
KAL requires you to pay out of your pocket and will never reimburse you, Qatar charge you a bond, SIA the same ( when they were hiring Decs) otherwise you need to be fully current.
The only exception was EK the time they badly needed DECs.
Nowadays JET is the only available commuting contract on the triple. KAL is a lottery, it doesn't matter how proficient or good you are to make it from screening to final line check. There's plenty of stories about it here.
Jet contract is far from perfect, there's a lot of room for improvement. But they aren't cheaters. Job stability isn't guaranteed as we'll.
Oh yes, Indian medical is thorough, as Chinese or Korean are.
But lots of old farts find out issues that would have killed them in a matter of couple of years if they didn't went for the required checks for this medical.Think about the other side of the coin!

fullforward
11th Nov 2013, 09:56
JET have 5 ex-EK guys and many more from other ME carriers, if this ring a bell...

fullforward
11th Nov 2013, 17:30
I have documented evidence that those 3 guys , at least, got the full reimbursement, including visas etc two weeks AFTER SIGNING THE CONTRACT.
No pre conditions were assigned further than signing the dotted line.
I don't know if Jet changed this terms after those guys joined.

Masagemarad
12th Nov 2013, 02:28
Full forward I talked to to one Canadian when I was in Mumbai who was still waiting to get reimbursed after three months, he was told the reimbursement was being processed. So I will keep other pilots informed so that these head hunters and jet stop putting the screws to people. The only axe I have to grind is :mad: being mislead and lied to ok. If I woluld of known I would not have wasted a week, time getting a visa and more important if I would of known the deceit and stayed the hell away. Who in there right mind would shell out there own money for recurrent training this outfit is pay to fly period.