PDA

View Full Version : EK008

OMAAbound
10th Nov 2013, 10:14
Morning all

I've got a question regarding the EK008 (0910 LHR-DXB)

My mother in law is flying on this flight in a few weeks time, she has an allergy to tomatoes, we wondered if anyone had flown this route recently who knew what the menu was for the Economy zone.

Also if anyone has any recommendations as to avoid having an incident half way thru the flight would be appreciated.

Also if anyone has been on this flight recently, could you also tell me what the loads were like.

Dash8driver1312
10th Nov 2013, 10:54
Seriously, have you considered contacting EK themselves? Not being funny, catering can change over time, what is on board one week may not be there next.

You may find a "contact us" section on their website...

OMAAbound
10th Nov 2013, 11:37
Yes we have contacted Emirates who have said they cannot comment on the catering at this time.

I was looking for general consensus about the flight!

No need for the sarcasm!

lakerman
10th Nov 2013, 12:46
I fail to see any sarcasm in the reply from Dash8driver1312 and your original point was regarding allergies to tomatoes. If you are a RH seat 777 driver as you claim, you should already know the answer to the first question. The answer to the second is probably the same answer as to the question, how long is a piece of string?

cavortingcheetah
10th Nov 2013, 15:00
Putting aside for one moment my supposed researches into a new movie called 'Horrors of the Hadj' at website 'Rotten Tomatoes', I Googled up the following in rather shorter order than Graham Kerr could make chicken in maple syrup and tomato sauce.
Dietary Requirements | Essential Information | Emirates (http://www.emirates.com/english/plan_book/essential_information/dietary_requirements.aspx)
My advice therefore, based on medical experience rather than qualification, would be to take a packet of Jaffa Cakes on board and a small packet of anti-histamine tablets in case a tomato should escape and be inadvertently wolfed down.
As for the third request for information, the load factor, please refer to Allah the Exalted, to who all praise and thanks.

Wannabe Flyer
11th Nov 2013, 05:02
I think the fruit platter, Cake and Champagne would be the safest pre order.......

Would not suggest crackers as they can be made in a plant where tomato is used.

Alternately pack a meal from home and remember not to order any Kebabs in Dubai!

cavortingcheetah
11th Nov 2013, 15:40
The problem with ordering up the fruit platter is that the tomato is a fruit.

KBPsen
12th Nov 2013, 02:45
My mother in law...she has an allergySounds more like an opportunity than a problem.

RevMan2
12th Nov 2013, 03:49
It's a 7 hour flight.
Take some quality sandwiches/delicatessen stuff and some fruit, walnuts and cheese, eat the un-tomatoey bits of what's offered and enjoy the rest to the envy of the neighbouring passengers.

Also if anyone has been on this flight recently, could you also tell me what the loads were like.

Do you want to know what the loads were like out of a purely historical interest or do want to know the likely loads on the date of travel. If the later, DoW might be helpful.
Hint: amadeus.net|Flights|Availability|Flight #|Show flight details| Anything below 9 is going to be tight

Cloud Bunny
12th Nov 2013, 03:54
Sounds more like an opportunity than a problem
:}:} bravo sir

Gulfstreamaviator
12th Nov 2013, 04:14
Can anyone advise which SID, so I can wave goodbye......

crewmeal
12th Nov 2013, 05:48

Assume they were all full and will be especially with the run up to Christmas. Remember these flights are timed to link in with connections to DXB, especially OZ flights.

cavortingcheetah
12th Nov 2013, 06:01
On landing at DXB don't they spray the interior of the aircraft prior to disembarkation, as the crews used to do on arrival in the USA?
If it's the same type of spray used, isn't one of the constituent parts which eventually led to its discontinuance in the US, Lycopersicon esculentum?
Might be worth querying that with Emirates, could present an embarrassing situation.

Evanelpus
12th Nov 2013, 10:26
If I had a food allergy I would take a selection of my own foods on board, just in case the airline hadn't received my special meal request or just forgot on the day.

7 hours is a long time to go without something to eat, even for a mother in law!