PDA

View Full Version : EnsoniqMixer

Send Clowns
9th May 2002, 21:56
In the autostart section of my registry is an entry for "EnsoniqMixer" with a path of "starter.exe" (no path specified). Does anyone know what this is? I have tried to delete the autostart entry (using Tweak-Me) but it just pops back. I have never knowingly installed this program (though others may have), and "starter.exe" does not exist according to "find".

The problem is my system has some sort of a glitch in the start-up. The rest of the autostart is identified programs that I want to keep there.

gas path
10th May 2002, 09:53
G o o g l e he say.......click (http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_pages/starter_exe.htm)
It appears to be related to a sound card.
I hope it's of some help!

Don't you just love google?!

Ivchenko
10th May 2002, 21:02
The ensoniq mixer will have been installed with your sound card drivers. It's generally used with bundled sound cards, which won't work without it. Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the sound card, which won't do any harm and may remove the glitch.

Otherwise, there must be an Ensoniq web site which will have updated drivers you can download and install.

Hope it helps.

Send Clowns
13th May 2002, 22:58
Thanks guys.

Returned today to completely stuck computer after logon so used safe mode to clear some crap and (touch wood) seems to have worked. Some really bizarre files (odd extensions) had found themselves in the basic (no user logged on) desktop. They shouldn't have affected, but clearing them seemed to help.