PDA

View Full Version : C441 Conquest Endorsement

LadyLlamapilot
9th Nov 2013, 03:43
Looking to get a C441 Conquest Endorsement. Where in Australia can I go to get one of these, and does anyone have a rough idea of the cost of doing this? I am guessing in the $4-5000 region but I really have no idea.

The Green Goblin
9th Nov 2013, 03:48
Yeah, maybe for the ground school :P

Wait until December. You will not be required to have a type rating for a conquest. Just particular design features (retrac, turbine, pressurisation etc)

I think you will need to bank at least 10k for a 'check ride'.

However, if you are required to fly one, surely the company will supply the check ride/rating?

Horatio Leafblower
9th Nov 2013, 03:52
I have searched far and wide, and none of the operators in Australia were willing to do it - they only have CAR 217 so their organisation can only train their own pilots, and the Delegates were unwilling to do it outside of their company's insurance coverage :ugh:

LadyLlamapilot
9th Nov 2013, 03:55
Ok thanks.
Im just making some enquiries at this stage.

Capt Fathom
9th Nov 2013, 04:31
If you haven't done it already, the CASA Aircraft Register lists 40 C441's, along with their owners and operators.

A friend had this problem several years back. He had an aeroplane, just couldn't find an instructor outside of the CAR217 system to do the endorsement. :{

Tinstaafl
9th Nov 2013, 05:58
Find a US operator who's willing, get a FAR 61.75 validation of your Oz licence and then do any familiarisation training the operator wants. No type rating required (but will need complex, high performormance & high altitude endorsements if you haven't flown such equipment before) so pretty much the whole time is loggable as PIC.

Present log book + application form + money to CASA and get back the C441 endorsement.

thorn bird
9th Nov 2013, 06:29
On the money "Tins",

much as the "Rat" is offshoring maintenance, CAsA is offshoring flying training.

Mach E Avelli
9th Nov 2013, 07:14
If the OP has no other multi-engine turbine endorsement it poses an interesting conundrum - how to get 'multi engine turbine below 5700 kg' (or whatever it will be) on the licence? Somewhere, a flight test will have to be done on an aircraft. To get an acceptable standard will take training and therefore cost money.

Would the smart thing be to cough up the extra dollars and obtain, say, a King Air 350 Type Rating? Not only should this prepare one adequately to fly any of the smaller King Airs, it should cover the legal requirement for almost all the other sub 5700 kg turbine types? Or if Garrett time is what the potential employer wants to see, make it worthwhile with a Metro rating. There is an older style simulator in Melbourne that can do much of the rating. I believe that there is at least one independent ATO who can do Metro flight tests, but you'd still need to find someone willing to wet hire the airframe to finish off the circling approaches and landings.

Capt Fathom
9th Nov 2013, 08:04
If people think a Multi Engine Enorsement < 5700kgs on their license is going to change anything, they are in for a surprise!

While it has been the norm in the USA to perhaps get your initial ME Rating via say a Baron endorsement, buy yourself a King Air and just fly it, the culture here is different.

We don't have the aviation environment the US has, and we don't have that many cashed up individuals who can do it outside of a commercial operation. A commercial operation will put your through the equivalent of an endorsement anyway!

Horatio Leafblower
9th Nov 2013, 08:16
The endorsement will be "MEA" - the same class rating will cover a duchess, although you will need Pressurisation endo and a Gas Turbine endorsement (back to the future - again!)

Capt Fathom is on the money, although there will be no logbook stickers for endorsements any longer the operator will have to demonstrate that they have provided adequate training completed to an adequate standard - Sub-part 61.335 (general proficiency requirement) refers.

Of course, there will be bottom feeders with a "She'll be right" mentality... :rolleyes:

Flying Bear
9th Nov 2013, 09:01
The PDP I attended two weeks ago had the C441 down as a type rating, but who really knows...?

Nevertheless, even if there is no sticky label equivalent, no one will let you fly their Conquest with less than the training that goes into a properly done endorsement under the current regime. And nor should they...

Regarding training, it is definitely available in this country on the type, outside CAR217. Just got to know who to speak to..., but your operator should cover this for you. Just don't grab their endorsement and quit the next day, otherwise it will go the way of the self funded training, just like many airlines now do.

Horatio, check your PMs.

Horatio Leafblower
9th Nov 2013, 09:34
The PDP I attended two weeks ago had the C441 down as a type rating, but who really knows...?

Bear I was at that PDP (Bankstown?) and the list I have from there (I think) dated 16/4/13 does not have C441 or BE200 (but it does have Cheyenne 400).

Marauder
9th Nov 2013, 23:05
Check your PMs