PDA

View Full Version : WILL B.A CONTINUE TO OFFER THE SPONSORSHIP UNTIL 2004?

JUMPUPNDOWN
26th Feb 2001, 22:00
Sorry to go on more or less about the same thing people but Im finishing my studies at uni and would really like to finish.....just wondering whether u guys know how long BA will continue to operate the sponsorship scheme...prehaps until 2004 or will they stop fairly shortly due to numbers being filled? I tries asking BA but they replied until we have a demand for places..which does not tell me much. Id really appreciate the advice ladies and gents.

Lucifer
27th Feb 2001, 01:11
I wouldn't worry about it at all. There are a great deal of current pilots reaching their retirement point, and this will continue for the next five years or so to the number of two hundred or more pilots per year (so-called Hamble bulge). The company does not wish to repeat this to such an extent and therefore is at the moment recruiting a constant number continuously while also recruiting DEPs as well. If you take a look at aircraft orders, there is no let down in the number of bums needed on seats, and unless the world economy goes down the pan in the next few years, you'll be fine.