PDA

View Full Version : How the EU encourages alternative-party democracy

OFSO
7th Nov 2013, 19:41
How much tax-payers money has the EU given to British mainstream political parties in supporting the build-up to next May's EU elections ?

Conservative Party: 2.3 million pounds
Labour Party: 1.9 million pounds
Liberal Democratic Party: 1.3 million pounds
UKIP: nothing

axefurabz
7th Nov 2013, 20:00
Seems fair. Turkeys don't vote for Christmas ...

PS There probably isn't an EU Reg that requires me to add "or Thanksgiving"

toffeez
7th Nov 2013, 20:23
Raving Loony Party: nothing

Seems fair.

radeng
7th Nov 2013, 20:27
What really annoys me is the way people who have never ever had to deal professionally with the Commission support, without thinking, the EU. They bleat' If it isn't working, get it changed', not realising that the power of the Commission pretty well prevents that. Meanwhile, the EC come up with proposals that are utter crap not only because of total technical ignorance of the subject, but also because they do not understand the commercial implications of what the idiots propose.

OK, I may be biased, but before retirement, I had to deal with these incompetent stupid overpaid dickheads in Brussels! So incompetent that they cannot even get the title of an approved standard published in the Official Journal in as much, in some cases, as 16 months............

We could save a fortune by shutting down the various Directorates in Brussels and substituting intelligence in individual countries....

500N
7th Nov 2013, 20:31
Has anyone ever known the UN or the EU to support
something that goes against what they are all about ? :O

Andy_S
8th Nov 2013, 07:12
Meanwhile, the EC come up with proposals that are utter crap not only because of total technical ignorance of the subject, but also because they do not understand the commercial implications of what the idiots propose.

Indeed.

How green bullying, junk science and EU lies killed off yet another successful industry ? Telegraph Blogs (http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100244756/how-green-bullying-junk-science-and-eu-lies-killed-off-yet-another-successful-industry/)