View Full Version : What's Going On At Fls?

1.3VStall
9th May 2002, 18:36
Does anyone know what's going on at FLS Aerospace? Their much-vaunted joint venture at Manchester with Airtours, sorry My Travel, has ground to a halt and now there are rumours that £15m has gone missing from their balance sheet. Acting CEO, Mike Humphreys, has apparently read the riot act to his managers.

The long-suffering parent, FLS Industries, is reported to be not impressed! Rumour is that the Aerospace company will be split up and sold, but who would want to buy it?

So, chaps, what exactly is going on?

HOVIS
10th May 2002, 08:17
The last I heard was that MY Travel had bought the FLS ramp maintenance set up at MAN.

Don't know if it was true but it seemed a strong rumour!

Nopax,thanx
10th May 2002, 12:28
........and with a new contract at Dublin for VS A340's - the merry-go-round's going faster all the time....it's a real shame about MAN, it was one of their best assets :(

1.3VStall
14th May 2002, 17:52
Heard another little snippet today. Apparently Roland Fairfield, the part-time CEO (on a consultancy basis) of FLS, has been overheard in the City saying that even though he has rooted out some of the w*nkers on the FLS Board the company is still in a mess.

Watch out chaps, FLS Industries will want rid of you sooner rather than later!

1.3VStall
17th May 2002, 10:05
And another bit of info for you fellas. Apparently that popular Mr Trollman doesn't now want to be the accountable manager for the FLS bit of the Manchester hangar - just the My Travel portion. Looks like he's preparing his exit strategy.

Does a phrase about rats and sinking ships come to mind?

stackanacki
29th May 2002, 18:03
Dublin is the only profit making area of FLS GROUP !!!!!!:mad:

oddjob999
29th May 2002, 21:06
to 1.3vstall
mr R Fairfield is a toe rag not to trusted with the tea swindle! he would sell is own kids for $. The thing that rearly upsets you is he is making big bucks doing what he is doing.
I quote "only line maintenance can make a profit" I hear that at LGW easyjet get the hard working guys and girl! for £15:00 per hour. If true how can you make money at that rate?