PDA

View Full Version : How Often Do You Fly "Full"?

Tray Surfer
6th Nov 2013, 19:01
Now, of course, I know that there is a massive variation in what you all fly in terms of capacity in the cabin, but I am curious as to the question above.

Looking at available seats for bums on varying types, I wonder if some may share how often they fly with a full passenger load? Also, what is the capacity of our aircraft in the cabin?

This is all pretty much just to satisfy my curiosity and inquisitive nature... :)

Thanks,

TS
:)

ksjc
7th Nov 2013, 00:01
Hi TS.

In our Global with 13 seat belts...we don't do charter, just owner's trips... average pax load is 2-3. We fill all seats once per year for the annual Christmas trip to Hawaii. A bit tight but only a 4.5 hour flight. The FA is quite busy on this one but usually has most of the dishes done by the time we hit the ground so there's little delay getting to the mai tais.

con-pilot
7th Nov 2013, 15:54
I would say about 25 to 30 percent of my flights when I was flying corporate was all seats filled. The rest of the time I'd say the average was a little under 3 passengers.

Flyingstig
15th Nov 2013, 06:37
The tricky bit is when you have seats that are not approved T/TL (taxy take off and landing).
So you may have 15 seats but only be able to take 13 pax.
Try explaining this to a sheikh who turns up with 2 extra mates! :cool:

Tray Surfer
15th Nov 2013, 09:45
I have often thought about that...

I am sure, much like many of the restrictions on commercial aircraft for this and that, some people just simply can not understand why something is how it is...

mutt
15th Nov 2013, 22:01
So you may have 15 seats but only be able to take 13 pax. that would be fun, its worse when he shows with 17 for 15 seater, why can't they sit on the floor, they have plenty of room :):)

The majority of our flights are full, but considering that we can operate with 7 crew, it doesn't take a lot to full up the rest of the seats.

silverknapper
15th Nov 2013, 22:16
Our company did a lot of research on this. And concluded the load 80% of the time on a 7 seat light jet was 3. Which did seem to make sense with our experience.

Designed a new interior with 5 seats, more room and a large galley. Which, despite the hard evidence to the contrary no one wanted!! :ugh:

Niterunner
19th Nov 2013, 17:35
My last light jet flew all 8 seats over 50% of the time.
My current wide body goes out with all 12 seats maybe five times/yr and about 2 or three the rest of the time.