PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to

tony draper
5th Nov 2013, 21:39
Those two daft lassies who were caught with Columbian sherbet in their bags? those two seemingly filled our news screens for weeks then zip! norra sausage,or did I miss summat.:uhoh:
The reason I ask is there is a item on Newsnight now re the trade in coke that brought them to mind.
:uhoh:

Cacophonix
5th Nov 2013, 22:59
Fanfare - Don't Dream It (The Rocky Horror Picture Show 1975) - YouTube

Caco

parabellum
5th Nov 2013, 23:01
I suspect Caco has been at the turps again!

The last I heard they had decided to plead guilty, haven't seen anything for ages now.

Cacophonix
5th Nov 2013, 23:09
Ah Para...

Drink Drink Drink (The Drinking Song) - YouTube

Caco

Airborne Aircrew
5th Nov 2013, 23:58
Caco:

Damn... The world has lost so much...

Luckily, because I sound like sh1t compared to his singing... :ok:

But where has that all gone... The ability to work your arse off all day, have some fun at night and still get to work and be effective in the morning?

Cacophonix
6th Nov 2013, 00:12
But where has that all gone... The ability to work your arse off all day, have some fun at night and still get to work and be effective in the morning?

Airborne, it ain't dead in my house and I know it is not dead in yours...

We drink, we fly much later and hopefully (not) die like men...:ok:

Bryn Terfel - Tosca - Va, Tosca (Te Deum) - YouTube

Caco

Nervous SLF
6th Nov 2013, 00:20
Peru Drug Pair Transferred To Notorious Prison (http://news.sky.com/story/1153977/peru-drug-pair-transferred-to-notorious-prison)

That was dated 14th October.

Airborne Aircrew
6th Nov 2013, 00:21
Caco:

I saw "(Te Deum)" and immediately thought of this:-

hPXXuEel0fU

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Cacophonix
6th Nov 2013, 00:31
Airborne

What's he that wishes so?
My cousin Westmoreland? No, my fair cousin:
If we are mark'd to die, we are enow
To do our country loss; and if to live,
The fewer men, the greater share of honour.
God's will! I pray thee, wish not one man more.
By Jove, I am not covetous for gold,
Nor care I who doth feed upon my cost;
It yearns me not if men my garments wear;
Such outward things dwell not in my desires:
But if it be a sin to covet honour,
I am the most offending soul alive.
No, faith, my coz, wish not a man from England:
God's peace! I would not lose so great an honour
As one man more, methinks, would share from me
For the best hope I have. O, do not wish one more!
Rather proclaim it, Westmoreland, through my host,
That he which hath no stomach to this fight,
Let him depart; his passport shall be made
And crowns for convoy put into his purse:
We would not die in that man's company
That fears his fellowship to die with us.
This day is called the feast of Crispian:
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when the day is named,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say 'To-morrow is Saint Crispian:'
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars.
And say 'These wounds I had on Crispin's day.'
Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember with advantages
What feats he did that day: then shall our names.
Familiar in his mouth as household words
Harry the king, Bedford and Exeter,
Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester,
Be in their flowing cups freshly remember'd.
This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remember'd;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

Caco (Chrispian Kimble)

Airborne Aircrew
6th Nov 2013, 00:44
Caco:

I read the first two lines...

The St. Crispin's Day speech...

It's right up there with this which is a famous act:-

ikynTH9oJg8

But, for sheer leadership, this is hard to beat, (watch the fear in the messenger's eyes at the end):-

NHAAH8PCnMo

But the best is:

OgaZ85nZuRA

Cacophonix
6th Nov 2013, 01:06
Sir, your links are as a balm to an old man's eyes...

Many years ago as once I was renewing my instrument rating with a man of no small mien and thus flying with one of no smaller stature than that of a prince of the BOAC I, having traduced his skill with my vain glory and having flown through the centre line at Stansted, emerged with my sweat and futility and thereby I made haste to Biggin Hill, whereupon landing, with cheek and no amount of lack of humility I did note the Nissan huts and stated that there must be many ghosts there, whereupon he spake and said "Germans mostly I hope...!

He passed me!

Bugger, the English do have a sense of humour...! ;)

Dam Busters Theme [Highest Quality] - YouTube

Caco

Airborne Aircrew
6th Nov 2013, 01:28
Caco:

:D:D:D

Those were the boys... These are the men... You'll note, they are carrying SLR's... :ok:

FOq7Shot1Go

Oh, and as a matter of order... It's a Nissen Hut... A Nissan is a cheap piece of Jap Crap... :}

Cacophonix
6th Nov 2013, 01:39
Airborne

I am an ignorant Japie, tis true... :ok:

Do you feel like we do Full Version - YouTube

Caco

Fox3WheresMyBanana
6th Nov 2013, 02:02
Far be it from me to criticise the Bard
(and I was last at the RSC only a couple of months ago - Hamlet; excellent)
but the only contemporaneous account of Henry V's words in the breach at Harfleur was

"Right Lads, at 'em"

Cacophonix
6th Nov 2013, 02:06
You'll note, they are carrying SLR's... http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

What a fantastic display. Were you one of them once?

Preußens Gloria (prussia glory march) - YouTube

;)

Caco

er340790
6th Nov 2013, 02:56
Leon Trotsky???

He got an ice-pick...

Through the head...

(Allegedly)

Stranglers - No More Heroes - YouTube

GrumpyOldFart
6th Nov 2013, 03:02
Meanwhile, back at the thread...

Whatever happened to... North Korea?

Just a few months ago it sounded like World War 3 was mere days away, and then... nothing. So what happened?

pigboat
6th Nov 2013, 03:31
Uncle Li Keqiang gave Wun Yung Loon a rap up side of the head and told him to behave himself, and that was it.

probes
6th Nov 2013, 04:15
my Father always says it used to be "three nights" and mornings accordingly and feel just a tad sleepy on the fourth... so, such a decline in just one generation. Shame, gentlemen, shame - how could you expect it be any different now? :E

tony draper
6th Nov 2013, 07:03
Re Agincourt,watched a documentary tother night where some fluffy hand wringing French loving academic claimed there were only fifty thousand Frenchmen involved in the battle and not the hundred thousand we Brits claim and that we had six thousand men in the field not the five thousand history records.
The EU will probably order us to apologize now.
:rolleyes:

dead_pan
6th Nov 2013, 08:35
Wun Yung Loon

I believe his name is Yung Phat Won.

Meanwhile, back at the thread...

Whatever happened to... Hale and Pace?

dead_pan
6th Nov 2013, 08:41
Re Agincourt,watched a documentary tother night where some fluffy hand wringing French loving academic claimed there were only fifty thousand Frenchmen involved in the battle and not the hundred thousand we Brits claim and that we had six thousand men in the field not the five thousand history records.

Maybe he's talking about fighting men, and we included in our total the attendant chefs, lovers, mistresses, bureaucrats, flunkies, white-flag bearers, protesting farmers, rioting students, animal rights activists etc etc.

Anyway, it seems said academic has forgotten the 1st law of history, the one about who gets to write the history books..

airship
6th Nov 2013, 18:06
Tony D. originally wrote: Whatever happenned to...Those two daft lassies who were caught with Columbian sherbet in their bags? those two seemingly filled our news screens for weeks then zip! norra sausage,or did I miss summat.
The reason I ask is there is a item on Newsnight now re the trade in coke that brought them to mind.

I see that SkyNews use footage of the moment that these "two daft lassies" appeared before a Peruvian court and became aware that they might be facing 15 year jail sentences. "SkyNews" using the footage simply as "self-promotion" of their networks. Whatever, it does show the Irish girl involved I believe, "seemingly "biting" her lip and wondering why the sky had fallen down upon her (the girl on the right in photo below):

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/audio/video/2013/8/13/1376376394664/Michaella-McCollum-Connol-016.jpg

When you see her in the SkyNews footage, appearing completely bewildered and seemingly "biting her lip", you (or as I already have done), see merely a very lost, young adult who got mixed up in events she's just waking upto, but that with 20 years' hindsight, she would never have dreamed of being party to. :sad: What a waste of life and youth?

But surely, there's another way? These are after all "recreational drugs". These drugs may be illegal, but possessing small quantities of these for "personal consumption" are rarely prosecuted here in France (unsure of the rest of Europe). Seems to me that our governments should acknowledge their responsibilities as governments. Perhaps somehow legalising most of these drugs, just as some states in USA are finally coming to terms with "legally-produced" marijuana there...?!

Instead of clogging-up (no pun intended) all our legal systems with ridiculous prosecutions and detentions which probably reclaim over 50% of our legal system capacities in terms of courts and prisons etc. So why not legalise AND control it all? I'll tell you why. It's because the drug cartels etc. lobby our MPs / representatives and probably bribe them to keep it all "non-legit", if you see what I mean. What other reasonable explanation could there be...?! :rolleyes:

vulcanised
6th Nov 2013, 20:01
Is the one on the left wearing Mickey Mouse ears?

tony draper
6th Nov 2013, 21:00
I agree,I think all drugs should be decriminalized,trouble is it is a huge and lucrative industry as it stands, for those producing for those distributing and for those hunting the afore mentioned.
:)

ShyTorque
6th Nov 2013, 22:18
I did note the Nissan huts and stated that there must be many ghosts there, whereupon he spake and said "Germans mostly I hope...!

If they were Nissan huts, they'd mostly be Japanese.... ;)

Effluent Man
6th Nov 2013, 23:08
When I saw the OP I thought,given Mr D;s geography that this was a Likely Lads thread.In actual fact it covers something I recently discussed with MrsEM,that is the way momentous events of mayhem and revolution suddenly seem to disappear. Greece,Libya,Syria,Egypt,all seem to erupt and then be unheard of again for weeks or months.I guess it must be the way the meeja works.