PDA

View Full Version : New "Security" Employees give away gate security code

BelowTheLine
9th May 2002, 16:16
Hard to believe but I was standing at gate 26/28 at LAX the other day, and as a KLM 747/400 was in the final boarding process, one of the NWA supervisors couldn't get the door open to go down the jetway.

She shouted to a group of "security" personnel (screeners) and they shouted the code back.

Now, not only did this NWA lady have the code, so did I and anyone else within earshot.

More interestingly, I had a little time to waste, so I dialed up the FBI and reported this, and the lady who answered the phone wasn't a bit interested. Her response was along the lines of "Well, they should probably change the code, then".

After the flight departed the gate area was deserted and I (or anyone, for that matter) could have entered the jetway and accessed the ramp area.:confused:

BN2A
9th May 2002, 16:28
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
So THAT'S why we have to keep the flight deck door locked then....

DownIn3Green
10th May 2002, 12:15
I find it amazing that we have to go through all of this "heightened" security yet the FBI's attitude seemed so lax.

They could have easily verified your story by calling the LAX security director responsible for door codes and determined if the code you overheard was the correct one. If it was, someone should have been in for some serious re-training/education.

The scary thing is this was most likely not an isolated incident, but rather SOP for the individuals involved.:eek:

Konkordski
10th May 2002, 13:04
Open the door yourself next time. That'll get their attention. Nothing like a real-life demo.

somewhatconcerned
11th May 2002, 22:56
Now!...Steady On!!!

The security supervisor, Leroy Jackson, said he was somewhat concerned

BIRGIL27
12th May 2002, 07:31
At STN the security team couldn't give a dog's turd about any security lose points!

Most of the gate doors are busted or left open (mostly by Ryanair Girls).

As for getting a gun on to an aircraft not difficult. If you work there it's easy to see.

The worst part is I'm constantly telling security about these points! Do they address the problem? AHH! NO!:mad:

DownIn3Green
16th May 2002, 17:33
Sooooo!!!

Was it Leroy Jackson after all????

Or just one of his relatives?