PDA

View Full Version : Police have been watching for 2 years

Nervous SLF
5th Nov 2013, 18:27
A group have been boasting on face.... about having sex (rape?) with under age girls after the girls allegedly may have been drinking something.
The boys even name names of the females allegedly involved:sad:
The Police claim that they cannot take action as no "victim" has come forward. It seems that these boys could use as a defence that
they were only boasting and it wasn't really true. Also the Police say "the involvement of a police officer's son in the 'Roastbusters' "
group has not affected their investigation.Another member has been named as the son of some American actor. I had to look him up
as his name meant nothing to me.
Being a grandfather of 2 girls I won't post any more details as I find this rather annoying but if you want a lot more then find
"Roastbusters" via a search in NZ Yahoo news.

James 1077
5th Nov 2013, 18:42
Well obviously the son of a policeman being involved had nothing to do with nothing happened.

Now, I've got to head off as I've got a bridge to buy.

Nervous SLF
6th Nov 2013, 03:49
I know that I am old but I am really astounded now.

Female friends have defended the actions of a group of boys who claim to have had sex with underage girls before publicly
shaming them on Facebook. The group known as 'Roast Busters' have gained notoriety by boasting online about sleeping with
underage girls they had allegedly plied with alcohol.
The teens have so far evaded prosecution because none of the girls named are willing to come forward to police.
But female friends of the duo, Joseph Parker and Beraiah Hales, have stepped up to their defence claiming it's just a case of boys
being boys."
"They are good guys. They can make really dumb decisions but they are being teenagers," one of the unnamed girls told 3 News.

"People know that they are 'Roast Busters' and they go hang out with them and do stuff ... but they're not rapists, they're cool dudes."

Girls defend alleged rape ring members (http://news.msn.co.nz/nationalnews/8751072/girls-defend-alleged-rape-ring-members)

Tarq57
6th Nov 2013, 07:44
Just the gene pool in action, as society continues to devolve. Nothing much new here, I think, just new ways of proving to the world that you're a dropkick.

I feel sorry for the girls. Must be so easy to trip and fall in todays world. And once you fall (or are pushed) it's there, online, for many to see.

cattletruck
6th Nov 2013, 07:50
But female friends of the duo, Joseph Parker and Beraiah Hales, have stepped up to their defence claiming it's just a case of boys
being boys." "They are good guys.

I don't buy that at all. Sounds like the adults doing the cover up are now putting in words on their behalf.

MagnusP
6th Nov 2013, 13:53
Well, no victim is likely to come forward in the "Sweetie" avatar case. And victims don't often come forward in murder cases, but those responsible are prosecuted, anyway. Summat iffy about this.

James 1077
6th Nov 2013, 19:08
The thing is that victims came forward years ago; and nothing has been done.

Yes, some of the girls may have known what they were getting themselves into - but the point of having an age limit is that, if they are below that, then they are unable to give consent and so it is automatically rape. And I'm pretty sure that consent given when you have been plied with booze is also not treated as consent under the eyes of the law.

It is corruption in the police, pure and simple. Unfortunately NZ, and Auckland in particular, seems to have a growing problem with corruption.

Don_Apron
7th Nov 2013, 06:18
"The thing is that victims came forward years ago; and nothing has been done."

If that's true, then the authorities are as bad as the rapist and peodos.

".............seems to have a growing problem with corruption."

Police corrupt? I don't believe it.

Oktas8
7th Nov 2013, 08:49
The girl who came forward two years ago had a very difficult case to prove in a court. All parties were underage, all parties drank the same booze, and all parties got together in bed. There is no suggestion that that particular girl was paralytic or unconscious; it was as willing as can be, when all concerned are underage. When the girl said stop, initially one of the boys ignored her, then he was stopped by his mates. So, from a police point of view what could the boys have been charged with?

Just to clarify - it's completely disgusting, and I'm glad the boys are being publicly vilified. It would be a form of justice to have their lives ruined for a while. May this influence other boys who may be tempted to try something.

But rape or corruption? I wouldn't be so quick to blame the local police. There are other more worthy targets to blame, if you think it will help...

Worrals in the wilds
7th Nov 2013, 09:23
I feel sorry for the girls. Must be so easy to trip and fall in todays world. And once you fall (or are pushed) it's there, online, for many to see.
Yep. :(
It also applies to blokes. While I have no sympathy for this particular collection of yobs, plenty of young men have also fallen foul of social media. Assuming that we're no angel collective, I'm sure we've all got embarassing stories from our teens and twenties that we're glad are pretty much dead and buried, and only known by a handful of people.

No such thing these days.
Well obviously the son of a policeman being involved had nothing to do with nothing happened.
Of course not :suspect:. However now it's all out there in cyberspace, I'm guessing that it may be a bit of a career stopper.

500N
7th Nov 2013, 09:30
"I'm sure we've all got embarassing stories from our teens and twenties that we're glad are pretty much dead and buried, and only known by a handful of people."

+ 1

Thank god mobile phones and digital cameras were not around at my school !

Fliegenmong
7th Nov 2013, 10:54
I'm sure we've all got embarassing stories from our teens and twenties that we're glad are pretty much dead and buried, and only known by a handful of people. :uhoh::uhoh:

Say that again Sister!! :eek: