PDA

View Full Version : LHR/LGW to Las vegas

smallpilot
4th Nov 2013, 17:01
Which airline do people recommend?
Have used Virgin before LGW-LAS, but they pack them in (440 pax I think?) and its the older 747's?
What do BA use ex LHR or LGW ?
Prefer to go direct, but if a change is much cheaper we may consider, if so whats the best?
Any thoughts / opinions please ?

NWSRG
4th Nov 2013, 17:59
Haven't used the 747s to LAS, but did fly with VS to MCO on the same fleet. I think they are actually VS's younger 744s, but were getting tired inside. However, all have now been refitted, so should be looking good inside, with all new seating and IFE. Also, the A330s might be doing the odd flight.
My two trips to LAS have both been with CO/UA...the 757 was a very comfortable experience, if you're willing to connect at Newark...

obgraham
4th Nov 2013, 19:23
My two trips to LAS have both been with CO/UA...the 757 was a very comfortable experience, if you're willing to connect at Newark...There indeed is the rub. Allow 3 hours at least.

NWSRG
4th Nov 2013, 19:31
There indeed is the rub. Allow 3 hours at least.

Yes, but clearing immigration at Newark isn't too bad...then at LAS, you just get to walk straight out.

Have returned via Newark to UK with just an hour between flights, and all generally works very well.

The CO/UA 757s also seem to have greater seat pitch than the VS 747s...was a comfortable experience.

Tray Surfer
4th Nov 2013, 19:43
BA use a 777-200 ex LGW and a 747-400 ex LHR.

The 777 from LGW is a 3 class with no First cabin.

The 747 from LHR tends to be a mid-J with World Traveller Plus in B zone between First and Club World. Although on the odd occasion it is a hi-J with more Club seats, but not that often.