PDA

View Full Version : A320 uplink TO + TOGA vs Flex

Natstrackalpha
4th Nov 2013, 11:38
Hello Crews,

2 Questions.

1st Question:
How often do you uplink your TO perf/data and route data and all the rest of it - on the ACARS? compared to plugging it all in yourself into the MCDU from your paperwork or whatever?

2nd Question.

Notwithstanding SOPS - how often do you / can you "use TOGA anyway" at your own discretion or preference?

versus

Use flex for TO almost always - subject to conditions on the day and would use TOGA if conditions made flex prohibitive?

And as a bonus question - how relaxed and happy are you TO in flex compared to blasting off in TOGA.

Thank you for your time.

PENKO
4th Nov 2013, 12:32
The company tells us NOT to flex on a contaminated runway or when windshear is expected. I add onto that when it's foggy and low visibility procedures are in force or when the runway is of a very bad quality with a lot of bumps and ridges: it is not wise or comfortable to use flex in those circumstances.
But all in all, I use flex as prescribed by the company in 99% of my departures.

I uplink the route data on almost every flight, unless there is no comms coverage. This saves me entering the wind data waypoint by waypoint. However performance is calculated on board in my outfit.

Natstrackalpha
4th Nov 2013, 12:44
Thank you PENKO.
:ok: