PDA

View Full Version : Fatigue Management Software?

flingwing1
4th Nov 2013, 07:30
The company I work for needs a computer program to track aircrew members’ flight times, duty hours and rest hours. The computer program should be adaptable to handle various countries’ flight and work time limitations. That is, the program cannot be hardwired to only FAA or EU regulations.

We have looked at and test trialed Air Maestro. We have also seen a bit of Jeppesen’s fatigue management software. I am trying to learn what else is available especially from anyone who knows any of these program well.

Thanks for any help.

NISHTA
4th Nov 2013, 09:23
Flingwing1,

Look into IPAD apps for crew fatigue management CREW ALERT...

flingwing1
5th Nov 2013, 08:05
Nishta, thanks. I did look at the Jepp app a year or more ago and I will read up on it again. I also heard from our MIS dept. that reviewed this app and something I vaguely remember, too, is that Jepp's app is more expensive than others. However, I'll check it out again now. And thanks again.

Mr Angry from Purley
7th Nov 2013, 16:51
AIMS has very changeable rules set, EU,UK,US etc and you can run through schedules thru SAFE / FAID etc. It costs though like most programmes.
The folk from Jepps are constantly looking to get fatigue data from airlines who have run fatigue studies so it only gives you something to work on in my view, its not gospel,:\

flingwing1
7th Nov 2013, 23:34
Angry: great login name <grin>. When I lived in London, several lifetimes ago, Croydon was filled full of angry - and dangerous - young men. What are you angry about now? Purley is probably an upper class, Yuppie enclave now <g>.
-------------------

Thanks for the program tip. I checked and AIM does look promising. I will contact them today to see what the software looks like. However, the price is somewhat daunting: EU 245,000 for the full version and a stripped-down version "starts at" EU 60K.

FYI only, this Air Maestro program my company is looking at costs $2800 to install and $1500/month. For better or worse, I think they'd opt for stringing out the purchase pain over a longer period of time rather than taking it in one big bite.

Thanks. I will follow this up to see how AIM works.

flingwing1
8th Nov 2013, 01:17
Just after answering "Angry"'s post, I received news that SMS Pro is redesigning their software module for tracking compliance with flying/duty/rest time limits.

FYI, below is the message I received via email. Maybe someone here sees something right/wrong with this company's approach?
----------------------------
Hi,
SMS Pro is modifying the Pilot Flight-Duty Time module. Please review and request enhancements or special configuration parameters.

Screenshot of available configuration parameters available at
http://aviationsafetysoftware.********.com/2013/11/pilot-flight-duty-time-configuration-in.html

Please provide comments to [email protected] and I'll pass to developers.

Thank you for your support and helping us make SMS Pro a world leader in aviation SMS software.

Mr Angry from Purley
8th Nov 2013, 18:48
Fling
Careful I have my reputation to maintain. And dont get me angry as i'll throw the phone down :\:\:\

azfarash
4th Dec 2013, 10:49
Hi Fling,

I'd recommend AerFLIGHT (AerOPS) by AeroTech Flight Safety Solutions (www.aerotechflightsafety.com (http://www.aerotechflightsafety.com)). It is Flight & Ground Ops system designed to schedule flights, crew rostering (with crew FDTL), aircraft routing, flight dispatch, crew portal, crew & fleet records all managed on graphical ops board. FDTL rules can be easily customised as per customer's requirements. On the top of all, it is very cost-effective system.

Let me know if you need more details.

Rgds

plans123
5th Dec 2013, 19:04
I'd have another look at the Jepps software if I were you...I sat in on a demonstration and briefing on it a little while ago...its knocks the socks of other ones I've looked at. :ok: